R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReligious Quotes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Religious Quotes
    Posted: 20 May 2017 at 8:21am
Thank you, that was exactly the point that I was attempting to make. If I want to know the best way to fix a problem, discuss mods, which model one should buy ad infinitum that's what this should be about. I think that must of us would agree that we come here to be informed about the world of pods and not what we should be concerned with in other areas of our lives.
alan7170 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 8:40am
I was staying out of this...but "lesser" religions?  Really? 

I think you could not have made the point the OP was making any better than with this statement.  The moral superiority is a bit too thick for me around here.

Originally posted by henryv

Yes, Mad67, I think you ARE the only one! Have you noticed nobody has a Buddha or Islam quote? I say if you want to, go for it. It's a free country. Christians such as myself are not threatened by these lesser religions. Proselytizing is trying to convince others to choose your way. You have a free choice. Making a short statement does NOT cross that line. Pardon me if I "got you wrong".
henryv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:40am
Lostagain,   Jesus came to seek and save the lost. You're proselytizing by being proud of being lost, and even adopting a name for it! Nobody in here, to my knowledge, has posted any proselytizing, or specifically condemned anyone. Like Rambo said, "Let it go! Or I'll give you a war you won't believe!" Semper Fi
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 10:16am
henryv, when you tell people that if their beliefs are "LESSER" [emphasis added], you are being arrogant and insulting to those of faiths different from yours.  When you suggest that your religion is superior and that those who disagree with your beliefs are doomed to eternal damnation, which is what you communicate in your posts, you are proselytizing for your sect.  

On this board, quite frankly, you are violating the rules and should be appropriately dealt with by the administration.  

Your "Rambo" threat makes you sound like a member of the Islamic State threatening to kill me for not subscribing to your stone age beliefs.  And your suggestion of a religious "war" if I disagree with you even proves my point even more forcefully.  Sir, we do not, and will not over my dead body, live in a theocracy.

You have no idea what my religious beliefs are and to suggest that my soul is "lost" is staggeringly offensive at the very least, not just to me but to all members of this board and is about as un-Christain as a person could be.  Instead of judging others, you might find it more useful to read the teachings of Jesus, the person dubiously claim to follow.  If you did, you would be more respectful of others.

Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 10:38am
+1
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:17pm
Might I just suggest that all of us just let this post end here?  We all each and every one of us know this is not the goal or focus of this forum.

Let's save ourselves from arguing with one another over something that I know from each and every poster here than not one has intentionally set out to offend, be rude, or hurt anyone else here.

The Admin team here doesn't need to worry about having to reign in a post like this, or set up a rule to cover this. I myself see and can identify with either side of the discussion, but in the end can't we just let this one fade in the background and show unilateral respect both ways?

This is just me but if you love the forum here, appreciate the overwhelming helpful response of the members and Owners here just catch up on reading this thread and then click on past to something more interesting to post on.  There's new Owners here everyday looking for that same great welcome and offers to help as when any of us here joined, go help foster the sense of community and helpfulness Podders are known for!
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:21pm
Agreed. Anyone talking about the superiority of one religion or another is proselytizing by definition. My personal opinion is that sort of discussion should be confined to your particular place of worship, and keep it out of the streets. And the rpod-owners forum is pretty much the streets IMHO.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by kymooses

Might I just suggest that all of us just let this post end here?  We all each and every one of us know this is not the goal or focus of this forum.

Let's save ourselves from arguing with one another over something that I know from each and every poster here than not one has intentionally set out to offend, be rude, or hurt anyone else here.

The Admin team here doesn't need to worry about having to reign in a post like this, or set up a rule to cover this. I myself see and can identify with either side of the discussion, but in the end can't we just let this one fade in the background and show unilateral respect both ways?

This is just me but if you love the forum here, appreciate the overwhelming helpful response of the members and Owners here just catch up on reading this thread and then click on past to something more interesting to post on.  There's new Owners here everyday looking for that same great welcome and offers to help as when any of us here joined, go help foster the sense of community and helpfulness Podders are known for!
Thank you,  kymooses very well said. Let it be 
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

henryv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 2:18pm
Kymooses is right. Let's nip this in the bud. My apology to Lostagain. I'm not looking for an argument. Not here anyway. Maybe I'll change my name to Lostbutfound.
geewizard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 3:31pm
Hear hear!  
2021 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1708FB
2017 R-Pod 177 (Blue) HRE SOLD
2004 Outfitter Apex 8 camper
2014 Toyota Tundra DC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>