R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFridge Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fridge Question
    Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:43pm
Good evening fellow Podders,

After owning r Pod an entire week, I've finally had the opportunity to check out some of the finer attributes it offers. Once I figured out the microwave/convection oven/grill, I moved right on to the refrigerator. I read the manual and followed directions as I read. It works beautifully on propane, however, it is not doing it's good thing on Plug-In mode. Yes, it is plugged in via extension chord, complete with surge protector, to the garage. Both ends are securely plugged in, well, all four ends really.  I checked the circuit switches in both the garage and the Pod, both are in the on position. I tried switching off and then on again, and then returned to the Pod to try the fridge again. Nothing...well, not nothing, the red Caution light blinks and it beeps at me. 
Any ideas?
Please keep in mind that if you have any explanations you're 'splaining to someone who is CLUELESS. If it has 4 legs and fur I can work with it, much beyond that and I'm out of luck. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! 
Life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the Journey!
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:58pm
Check your circuit breakers -- if the microwave is working you are getting electricity to the pod and the GFCI is okay.  (The GGCI protects every 120v outlet.)  Check the plug for the refrigerator; you have to remove one of the panels on the outside of the pod, directly behind the fridge.  The fridge isn't hardwired, it plugs in just like any other 120v appliance, and it's possible the it was never plugged in or became unplugged.  Other than that, I don't know.  If it's a new pod, under warranty, get the dealer to help.  They shouldn't have let it off the lot with the fridge not working -- even if you bought it used!

Congrats on the pod and welcome to the group! 

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:14am
Check the circuit breaker in the pod, then the GFCI, then the fridge plug itself.
Subzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:43am
Also, check the Troubleshooting section in the back of the manual.  The number of beeps and lights should indicate a particular problem.  Was having beeping troubles with mine on the first trip.  The number of beeps told me the door wasn't quite shut by a mm or 2.....fixed the problem.

Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 8:22pm
The red caution light is operated by 12v battery power, which is why it works.  Let us know if you figure this out or need more help.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
 Post Reply Post Reply