R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFresh water tank/pump problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fresh water tank/pump problem?
    Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 7:10pm
Hi Everyone
I am sanitizing my fresh water tank for the first time. I have owned my new Rpod 178 about 6 months. Some months ago I did put water in my fresh water tank and checked that the pump worked from the fresh water tank. 

I have read sanitation instructions and am following the procedures. I have filled my fresh water tank about 1/3 full then added 1/2 cup of bleach (mixed in a couple of gallons of water) then filled the fresh water tank to full. Next I turned on the water pump and turned on the hot water faucet to fill the HW tank. I can hear the pump running. The HW tank had some residual water in it from a previous camping trip, so I got water coming out of the HW faucet for a while then it ceased. I cannot get the HW tank to fill and/or get water to come out of the faucet after running the HW faucet for 10 to 15 minutes solid (with the pump turned on). I can get a little water running out of it then it stops and starts with running water but only a very small amount. I seem to have the same problem trying to run the cold water faucet, where I will get a small amount for a while then nothing, then a small amount running for a while then nothing. I have turned the pump on and off and retried to no avail. I still can hear the pump run when I turn it on (although I don't know if it sounds normal or not). I have looked under my bed at the hoses and all seems OK. I am 99% sure I have the valves all turned correctly. The hot and cold water valves are set inline.... whereas the antifreeze pick up hose valve is set perpendicular to the line. I can't think of what else I might check or what I might be doing wrong. 

As usual I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions. 

Thanks,

John
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 7:34pm
You are only using the kitchen sink? If so, check the aerator screens for a clog/debris.
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 7:50pm
Jet
It is common for the small plastic drilling debris to float around and clog screens, They should rinse them out at the factory but in my experience they don't.
Did you try the shower, bath sink and outside shower and did you get water there?
Also hook up the city water hose to the pod and see if it works. 
If you got some water out of the hot side at the faucet I assume the HW tank must be full. how did you know it isn't filling?
 I had to clean out the screens a few times and I had plastic shards stuck in the check valve and the pump would run every 15 minutes for 5 seconds until I took the pump out and cleaned it.
Good Luck and happy camping!!
John
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

JET View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 8:09pm
Wow...live and learn. I figured out what was wrong. I DID have the antifreeze pick up hose valve open. I can't believe I looked at the valve position and thought that the antifreeze pick up hose valve should be perpendicular to the inline hose. I have the valve open thinking that it should be orientated the same as the hot and cold water valves to be open...or closed. I CLOSED the valve and everything is working fine. 

John
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by JET

Wow...live and learn. I figured out what was wrong. I DID have the antifreeze pick up hose valve open. I can't believe I looked at the valve position and thought that the antifreeze pick up hose valve should be perpendicular to the inline hose. I have the valve open thinking that it should be orientated the same as the hot and cold water valves to be open...or closed. I CLOSED the valve and everything is working fine. 

John

EXCELLENT!! Clean your screens anyways.. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply