R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedElectrical taillight problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electrical taillight problem
    Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by rawest50

I ordered the DC 4. I am a little confused. If it is non-conductive will it not interfere with the 7 point connection of the vehicle to R Pod connection? Coat the connectors? It looks like a great product since it is used in the aircraft industry.
It can seem contradictory. How can a non-conductive gel make a connector work better? It's because DC4 (and other dielectric grease type products) mainly keep the water out, but don't interfere with the actual connection. I used it in all the electrical connections inside the engine cowling on our airplane. The engine cowling gets literally drenched in water whenever flying in the rain, and keeping the electrical stuff working is kind of important in an airplane.

You do want to keep a dust cover over these connections too. Because although a dielectric grease will keep out the water, it will also tend to attract dust. That said, the actual electrical contacts will remain pristine.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12