Topic ClosedGreat Stuff

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Stuff
    Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 11:01am
I used the great stuff labeled for pest prevention to close gaps in the Pod. And it (along with many dryer sheets and surveillance) have made sure that I have had no problems inside.  Chipmunks did chew through the gas hose by the tank a few years ago but that is a different situation.

My question is what is different with the pest preventative Great Stuff and the regular expanding foam?  The pest proof stuff is three times more expensive.  I am fiscally conservative (my kids say cheap) and would not want to pay for something I don't need.  I have some gaps to fill in our 100 year old house and want to get the right great stuff.

Thanks
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
DavMar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Keith-N-Dar

My question is what is different with the pest preventative Great Stuff and the regular expanding foam?  The pest proof stuff is three times more expensive.  I am fiscally conservative (my kids say cheap) and would not want to pay for something I don't need.  I have some gaps to fill in our 100 year old house and want to get the right great stuff.

Hey, nothing wrong with cheap! LOL

I guess the only difference in expanding foam is that the pest proof stuff has an insecticide as part of its chemical make up and there for a chance for the manufacturer to soak the consumer. You, think?  
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
RobnCari View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by DavMar

Originally posted by Keith-N-Dar

Hey, nothing wrong with cheap! LOLI guess the only difference in expanding foam is that the pest proof stuff has an insecticide as part of its chemical make up and there for a chance for the manufacturer to soak the consumer. You, think?  

After some research there appears to be nothing remarkable with the PestBlock. I think the regular Great Stuff may be a better choice for RV application. Works great on 100yo houses too.
2006 Toyota Tacoma 4WD AC
2018 RP 179
 Post Reply Post Reply