R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPulling small trailer/hitch attachment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pulling small trailer/hitch attachment
    Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 11:50am
I have a r pod 172 that I pull with a Chrysler Aspen.  I also have a 3 wheel trike that I ride for exercise, which is long, wide and bulky. My problem is:  When we go camping, I have no where for storage for my trike, so it stays at home.  Would love to take my trike with me.  Is it legal, safe, or not very wise to pull a small trailer behind the pod with my trike on it.  I would try and find a very small trailer that would just fit my trike.  I thought about removing the spare tire and take it in the back of the Aspen, and using the receiver hitch on the pod to place one of those receiver hitch metal platforms for my trike, but I am afraid that the hitch on the pod will break or damage the hitch bracket because the weight of the platform and the trike would be fairly heavy.  Or, that all of the weight may damage the receiver hitch or frame on the pod.  Or, even worse, it should break off while traveling down the road.  Thought about selling the Aspen and getting a double cab truck (grandsons to carry)  to pull the pod and then I would have the back of the truck to put my trike.  But that would cut down on our overall storage space because we use the back of the Aspen to haul a lot of stuff. Anyone out there in pod land have any suggestions?
podderfj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 11:55am
Sorry for second post on same subject...  My bad...
 Post Reply Post Reply