R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

bath sink removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bath sink removal
    Posted: 16 Oct 2024 at 9:48pm

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2024 at 9:52pm
We have a 179 which has a very small corner sink in the bath.  I want to remove the entire sink/faucet and shower and cover the resulting hole with a flat panel.
I seem to remember that someone did this a while back with good success. I tried the search, but could not get any results.
I would appreciate any info or tips or referral to past posts.
Thanks
travel often and safe
Vann

GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2024 at 5:48pm
Without looking anything up, I would guess that white eterna-bond would do a bang-up jub.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2024 at 10:24am
Hey Glue guy
not sure I understand your post about eternabond
I'm thinking about a flat panel-maybe white plexiglass or thin plywood painted to cover the space where the sink was located

GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2024 at 11:21am
I was just thinking about covering up the holes.

bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2024 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Pod People

We have a 179 which has a very small corner sink in the bath.  I want to remove the entire sink/faucet and shower and cover the resulting hole with a flat panel.
I seem to remember that someone did this a while back with good success. I tried the search, but could not get any results.
I would appreciate any info or tips or referral to past posts.
Thanks
travel often and safe
Vann

When we purchased our new camper, we had the sink removed to give more room in the wet bath. So glad we did that. You will need a shower valve-set with the threaded neck for the hand held shower head and no faucet. They are readily available on Amazon. Cover the resulting hole in the wall as best you can. You're going to have to wing it on how you hook up the supply lines. 
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Kawasaki KLR650
Larry-D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Larry-D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2024 at 2:34pm
Amazon, worlds greatest store.  Had everything you need.  I did mine earlier this year.  
Removed the sink.  Got shower install "push pin" fasteners, look at your shower surround to see what they look like.  New shower control with only the shower head hose outlet.  Used the "push pins" to install the flat panel along with silicone sealant.  You'll also have to cap off the drain pipe.

The only downside on my install is that the white panel didn't match the shower surround's color.

Edited by Larry-D - 21 Oct 2024 at 2:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply