Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTowing into the sunset???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Towing into the sunset???
    Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 6:28am

Three to four years ago, this forum was created to provide a place for the free exchange of ideas among Pod owners (and anyone else, regardless of what they owned). It was then and still is owned and operated solely by owners - free of influence, censorship, regulation, etc. by FR, any dealership or, anyone with a material interest. This is just as important now as it was in the beginning.

Having come on board early on, I have watched it grow from a handful to many. I made a personal commitment to hang in hear until it either failed or grew to have enough members to be self sustaining. I believe we reached that point over a year ago; with 30-50 check ins per day. This is why you have seen this ex- Podder posting and checking in. Even when I haven’t checked in on a given day, I would still “look in” to make sure all was well - at least a couple of times per day.

Having attained this goal, I am satisfied and believe it no longer necessary for me, personally to be as heavily involved as I have endeavored to do so in the past. The forum and you folks are doing fine and will continue to do so.

Like yourselves, there are only so many hours in my day and doing one thing takes time away from other items of interest/need. My old Chevy hasn’t been out of the garage in 3-4 years, I have several home projects underway and more that need to follow, my radios have grown dusty, I think I would like to get back into competitive shooting, I should probably start thinking about putting some effort into “obtaining” a “co-pilot” ……….it goes on.

So, it’s time to give up the Moderator position and spend a little less time at the PC. I’ll look in from time to time, as I have and do enjoy your fellowship. I wanted to post this openly to avoid ANY speculation that the are any ill feelings towards anyone. The time is right - and it is just that.

Alex&Marie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 9:13am
Thank you for all your efforts to nurture this great resource. We are new members but have already benefitted greatly from it. Since getting our 'escape pod' in February, we have used the pod 50 days and have accessed the group nearly everday.

Thanks for your effort, vision, and determination in creating what the rest of us are now enjoying.
Alex and Marie
2012 R-pod 177
2006 Toyota Tundra
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 9:38am
Thank you for all you have done for this forum.  I only joined last Sept. but the comments that have been posted have made me very comfortable in buying our Rpod.  Thanks again for all your help.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
barbanjoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 10:55am
Thank You , David and goodbye, I know what you mean about too much to do!
BarbanJoe
010 Rpod 171
02 Jeep 4x4
12 Ram 1500
2Peas-n-Rpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 11:03am
David,
You have been such a source of great information and humor since I joined. Thank you for all you have done to make this forum such a success. We will miss you, but will always know you are there. Now, go enjoy life and get some well-deserved personal time!
Happy trails! Thumbs Up
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod (now sold)
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
KayakkrazyUP View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 11:08am
Ditto, everyone. As a newbie, I too have learned so much from this forum, and all your time and effort is appreciated.
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 1:13pm
David, thanks for all you have done and I know will do in the future, I have learned much form your posts and messages that have helped me. Pat Dixie on the head for Donna and I. bark bark.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 2:29pm
   Thanks for all of your help and input. Good luck in the future with all of your projects including finding a co-pilot.    Goose  Hug
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 3:57pm
Thanks for all you have done.  I mod 5 forums on another site and know that it can be time consuming.  Your knowledge of Pods and of trailer camping helped me quite a bit to get started, and I thank you for that.

Happy Camping!
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
elko.mike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 10:08am
Thanks for what you've done.  For me that is to be a significant contributor to a place that helped me start podding. 
Good luck with the projects.
Mike, Linda & Doxies
2013 Hood River Edition r-pod 171
Tow Vehicles: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 (Linda's) and a 2003 Dodge Dakota (Mike's fishing truck)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>