R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR-dome replacement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-dome replacement
    Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 12:37pm
I thought I had read somewhere on this site about forest river replacing R-domes for the 179 because the channel is too large for the slide on the dome.  Couldn't find it today.  
Scott & Kim

The Mountains are calling and a Podding we must go!
Sleepless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 3:38pm
It was posted on the Facebook page yesterday.  The  problem with the 179 is that the channel is too long for a regular dome to fit it properly.  
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
chiman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 5:48pm
Google www.pahaquecustom.com and then on that website search for awnings for the Rpod.  There are some older ones like the visor, but the one I just got is a new one and sort of looks like the Rdome but much easier to set up and they make them to order and will fit a 179
Cheers
2017 180 "Frog" towed by 2017 Toyota Tacoma with co-pilot "Willow" a 80 lb Labradoodle
Nomad2010 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 10:02am
Interesting, the dome I was sent for the 179 is about a foot longer than the upper channel and it tends to pull out easily.  Especially when it is windy.
Scott & Kim

The Mountains are calling and a Podding we must go!
lillypad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 5:35pm
I have been talking to Forest River about this and they said I can order a new released Dome for my 2015 179 for $650 plus shipping. No credit or apology for the one that doesn't fit correctly. 😞
Grandpa Hiker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 7:03pm
Seems like there are a lot of us who bought the R Dome thinking it would correctly fit our 179's. Nothing in the Forest River literature or website indicated that the R Dome they were selling for the 179 would not correctly fit the 179. I am very disappointed in Forest River, especially their attitude of "you bought it, now you're stuck with it". 
Rob & Becky
2014 Ford Explorer 3.5 SOHC V6
2015 R-179 Pod aka Piddle Pod

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain!!"
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 9:02pm
It is NOT that it doesn't fit.  It fits near the same as the Rdome fits my 181g or the other larger R-Pods.

The new dome will fit BETTER, that's it.  It will likely just be a longer dome so that the edge at the Pod isn't raised off the ground as much.

Makelly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 8:02pm
We bought the RDome as well for our 179. We set it up, under our carport before even taking our new Pod out. We saw that it didn't fit correctly and have insisted that our dealer replace it at no charge. They gave us the run around, but we went face to face with sales and insisted that they replaced it and dropped off the one we purchased. They said they would about a month ago, but so far, no dice. I just called them again, to find out when we can pick up the replacement, and they said they would see if they had them in stock, and would "call us back". We shall see. Does anyone have any suggestions?
To travel where we have never been before🚀
Pmorris1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 12:29pm
I got mine replaced . FR won't do anything to help you out. Offered to sell me one also. So arrogant. I called the general manager of the dealership. I ask him if he would rather have me making positive comments about his dealership on social media, or talking negatively about him. Within two days he said come exchange your Rdome
Makelly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 5:32pm
We finally got ours replaced as well. Still not the "perfect" fit, but the the bottom skirting has enough material, to be able to anchor it! Had our first weekend out with the pod, including the replaced RDome and it was pretty sweet!
To travel where we have never been before🚀
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>