R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Member Maintenance Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member Maintenance Questions
    Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 10:02am
Good morning from the new owner of a 179. Great trailer with three road trips behind us since June 1. The first two excursions went great and the 179 performed well. This last trip though two issues surfaced that I need some assistance with. I could not use the gas option on the refrigerator no matter how many times I tried. The R-Pod was level and the gas turned on (a lesson I learned on trip 1). The second issue was the DSI fault light was on when I tried to use the water heater.

I look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your taking time to make sure I am ready for road trip four later this week.

Tom   
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 10:06am
Welcome to the group! Congrats on your 179!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 10:11am
Your symptoms indicate neither the WH or fridge are getting Propane. Make sure there is gas in the bottle and the air is bled out of the lines. Do this by lighting and burning the stove. There have been problems with the Propane regulator, but simple things first. The red light on the WH will come on and stay on until the burner lights. If it doesn't light after several tries (no gas) it locks out and stays on until manual reset. 
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
tpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 12:42pm
Charlie,  thanks for your reply.  We were able to use the stove and heater with no problem so I believe that we were successful in bleeding the air out of the lines.  I have the pod leveled on the drive and will attempt to use the gas function on the refrigerator and water heater again.  Maybe a lower elevation 4,700 feet versus 9,200 feet where we were camping will affect the outcome.  If you have other ideas let me know.

Thanks again for your reply ans happy 4th.

Tom
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 2:08pm
Tom,

Out of level will not impede ignition of the WH or fridge. The fridge needs to be within +/- 3 degrees left to right and +/-6 degrees front to back, WRT the fridge itself, to function but not to light. The WH doesn't care. Make sure no wasps etc have taken up residence in the fridge burner flue. Altitude has been a problem so lower altitude should tell you a story. The fridge and WH are ambient air burners whereas the furnace has a blower for combustion air like an auto supercharger.

Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
 Post Reply Post Reply