Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew to it all

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to it all
    Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 6:19pm
My husband and I have been in a tent together for 18 years! Now, the tents are getting bigger and bigger and more exhausting to put up. 2 kids and one dog later we are ready for a travel trailer.

After researching so many options we just keep going back to the R-Pod. We aren't really looking for a trailer that we do much in except sleep so it seems like a perfect fit.

However, we know nothing about trailers so I'm sure we'll be on this forum a lot!

Our first dilema is which R-Pod to get. I love the 176 with the 42" bunk beds but I love the openess of the 178. Is the dinette good enough for 2 small children, 6 and 3, who will grow into 2 tough teenagers? If my husband and I take it alone, which we will probably do 2 times a summer the 178 will be perfect. But are we missing out on the ease of having bunks for the kids?

The 182G seems nice with the garage, is it worth losing that little bit of space for the garage?

We live in Massachusetts so there aren't a lot of dealers close by. We were able to take a peek at a sold 178 this weekend at MacDonald's RV but we can't find a 176 or 182G near us. Has anyone ever bought out of state and had it delivered?

How good are the RV shows? There is one in Boston in Jan we will hit up. Can you buy a trailer at one of the shows?

Any good "Used for Sale" sites recommended? And any info on the 2016 or 2017 models? It looks like the 2017 or 2018 models are changing. Do you think it is for the better?

Finally, we have a 2013 Sienna minivan that is up to 3500lbs we were planning on towing with it but it seems we'll be cutting it close. We've wanted to trade in my husband's Honda Fit for a Tacoma anyway so I think we will be safe and get that with the Tow package, making it up to 6500. Any advice on towing with the Sienna or the Tacoma?

Thank you and sorry for all the questions. We are so excited to make this purchase!
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 6:52pm
Welcome to the group!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171