R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAmp Draw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amp Draw
    Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 4:43pm
There should be a button on the outlet where the cable/antenna to tv connection is. I have a 172 and it is in the cabinet above the stove.
2021 Rpod 196
2013 Ford 150 V8
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Bhfromme

Ah ha! The antennae booster might be the culprit. How does one turn it on and off? I've looked for a switch but haven't seen it.

But if the TV is A/C only wouldn't the antennae and the booster be A/C only as well??

Nope. It's DC, it's located on the cover of the cable outlet, where the coax comes out headed to the TV.
GLBCamper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:26pm
Related question. My antenna amp draw (measured at the fuse panel) is .11 whether or not the little button is pushed in or not. Why wouldn't it be more when "on"? Plus, that seemed high for it being off. Can I just pull that fuse and only put it back in when needed, which is rare?
Old: 2014 177 HRE
2015 Tacoma V6 4x4 Double Cab
New: 2016 EVO ATS 200rd
2016 F150 4x4 Sport
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:42pm
Just make sure nothing else that you do need is controlled by that fuse also. I would think that if it is turned off, but it is still having a power draw, then there must be something else on that circuit which is drawing the power or the switch is defective.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Bhfromme View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:50pm
You can but it's on the same circuit as the radio and probably other things I'm not even aware of.

I'm pretty sure I have a wiring problem. My battery goes dead in like two to three days. Took battery to dealer and they say it tested fine. I fully charge it for a couple days plugged in at the house and then the battery goes down like 20% each day. I'm not sure the dealer is smart enough to figure it out. They just want me to go with two batteries saying that'll fix it. But 1 battery or 10 batteries, if there's a problem there's a problem and it needs to be fixed. I've tried pulling fuses to isolate the large amp draw but haven't been able to find it. Something is pulling serious amps while sitting. It's more than .1 amp here and .1 amp there.

Pod is under warranty and needs to be made right but the dealer won't even acknowledge that there's a problem. Forest River, if you're reading this can you please weigh in here?
Bill and Female Companion aka She Who Must be Obeyed
GLBCamper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Bhfromme

You can but it's on the same circuit as the radio and probably other things I'm not even aware of.

I'm pretty sure I have a wiring problem. My battery goes dead in like two to three days. Took battery to dealer and they say it tested fine. I fully charge it for a couple days plugged in at the house and then the battery goes down like 20% each day. I'm not sure the dealer is smart enough to figure it out. They just want me to go with two batteries saying that'll fix it. But 1 battery or 10 batteries, if there's a problem there's a problem and it needs to be fixed. I've tried pulling fuses to isolate the large amp draw but haven't been able to find it. Something is pulling serious amps while sitting. It's more than .1 amp here and .1 amp there.

Pod is under warranty and needs to be made right but the dealer won't even acknowledge that there's a problem. Forest River, if you're reading this can you please weigh in here?

You might want to see my recent thread "Vampires and multimeters" I had the same issue and finally tracked it down to a kink in the supply line to the water pump. But there's lots of helpful hints in the thread on how to track down vampire draws.

http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10477&title=vampires-and-multimeters

Old: 2014 177 HRE
2015 Tacoma V6 4x4 Double Cab
New: 2016 EVO ATS 200rd
2016 F150 4x4 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12