R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPod People's 179 Mod's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pod People's 179 Mod's
    Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:38pm

How about this?

Pod People View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:41pm

We did several other exterior mods:

Installed a double step,

Added mud flaps

Added an exterior  door stop

Added a 6” PVC tube to carry our R Dome poles

Our Pod came with a Pahaque slide topper.  We added 2 bungee cords on each end to keep the flap in place

We added a 5” fence post for our sewer hose/fitting container.  Adjacent to the pipe carrier,  we attached a clear plastic, snap lid box that holds the clear 45 degree flusher fitting .

I added a small computer fan in the outside refrigerator compartment to evacuate the excess heat. It is wired in series with the existing fan and is temperature controlled.

Another fun exterior mod was to apply the frog paddler decal.  Since we are avid paddlers, some of our friends gave us a decal. So we can really confuse people as to which year/model we really have since our graphics are not stock!

I hope this gives you some ideas .  I will be happy to answer questions.

Safe travels.

Vann 

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:43pm
David,
I can't seem to get full size pictures.  I tried the direct link and only got a url address and no picture.  I would prefer larger pictures, but don't seem to have the right combination.
Thanks
Vann

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:54pm

On the postimage site:

Click on "Share" in the upper left. This will bring up several choices.

The second choice is "Direct link", click the icon to the right.

Come back to the forum and click on "Insert image" (Little tree-no arrow).

In the child window that pops up, right click and paste - then click OK.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 5:21pm
Thak you. I will try again.  I certainly would prefer larger images.  Obviously I am better at Pod mods than my computer!
Vann

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 5:27pm

"I am better at Pod mods than my computer!"

Well, you have your priorities right!   

If you don't mind, I'll delete the stuff that I posted about pictures. I think it would distract from the good stuff you are writing for the rest of us.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 5:41pm
Well, now maybe I know how to post larger pictures!!
I will continue with some interior mods--

Our interior modifications started with the kitchen area.  I added a flip up counter top extension at the end of the counter and covered the stove with a nice wooden cutting board.

https://s19.postimg.cc/pdy21p24j/IMG_0528_flip_shelf_and_stove_cover_Large.jpg

We installed a new bar sink (Elkay #D117193 Dayton, 17”x19” 3 hole) , a single handle faucet set( Moen Brecklyn)  and a hanging rack from Ikea. The rack gets removed for travel.

I built a new top drawer in the kitchen to utilize the space under the sink much better

We added a shelf to the upper pantry cabinet and a spice rack on the door.

I also added a 12 volt receptacle and mounting block for our fan at the top of the pantry. .  We actually have 2 fans-one for the kitchen and one for the bedroom.  Both fans can be turned to blow into the dinette/couch area.  One fan is 12 volt and the other is 1110 volts, so both fans can be run on 12 volt with the inverter.

More to come

thanks for looking

Vann

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 5:43pm
another mistake!!
here is the counter top extension and stove cover

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 5:54pm

We replaced the ugly fake leather/naugahyde trim around the slide out with real wood stained to match the interior.

A major turn off was the useless dining table.  Since there are just 2 of us, we do not need to make the dinette into a bed, so we do not need to keep the table.  We scrapped the original table and built a new one.  The original table was 20”x38” and the new one is 24”x42”.  It is ¾” birch plywood sitting on 2 metal columns that are mounted to 5/8” plywood on the floor.  The floor plywood is sized to fit tightly between the hassocks so it does not move.  The table is easy to disassemble for travel, can be used outside in the R dome and is very sturdy. 

Laura made a nice privacy and light blocking curtain for the bedroom area.  It is hung on a 5/8” aluminum tube with ½” wood dowel inside for strength.  I made custom wood curtain blocks to support the rod at each end.  The rod support on the radio side also contains a power switch to completely turn off the entertainment system.

We wanted a shelf over the bed, but did not like the feel of it being over our heads.  So, we put the shelf in a front to back orientation on the curb side.  This required relocation of the tv, which we lowered. We added a metal plate on the inside of the wardrobe to help support the tv.  Now, the tv is in a much better position for watching from the couch or in bed.

more later

Vann

StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 6:48pm
Those are some very nice mods. I have been using a spring-tension rod for our curtains. I think I will take a hint from you and make wooden brackets for the ends. I also will have to see if I can re-work my kitchen drawers. I had previously lengthened the bottom two, but the top is still short due to the drain hose for the sink being in the way. I may re-work the drain as well to see if I can make more usable space and then change the top drawer to take advantage of it like you did.

I'm not sure I could move our propane tank any farther forward. The space between it and the jack is tied up with the support leg for the Stomberg-Carlson Trailer Tray. Since my generator travels there, I won't be moving the tanks but may at some point swap for a dual-tank setup.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>