R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDometic A/C for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dometic A/C for sale
    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 3:24pm
Well, I almost never 'camp' in Texas....and if I do it's usually in the cooler months...November to March...
r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
offgrid View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 7:59am
+1 to StephenH. Camping in the summertime South we rarely run the a/c in daytime, we're outside anyway. Nightime is when we need it, so it runs all night. Leaving the fan on makes it white noise which is much more tolerable.

It is more efficient that way as well. The 13.5K units are so oversized that they short cycle which means they produce much of their coolth when the compressor is off. The compressor on time is typically maybe 5 minutes on mine and the evaporator blows cold for at least a minute after the compressor is off so I'd guess the a/c is probably around 20% more efficient if you leave the fan running. If you let the the fan cycle off that cooling capacity is mostly lost.

I run my audio tracks through the overhead speakers as well. I keep subtitles on which helps, do that at home too. The older I get the harder it is for me to make out dialog whether the a/c is on or not. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12