R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble with door, sagging wall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote janr-181g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble with door, sagging wall
    Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 1:28pm
This is an old thread, and I did not realize I was a member here. 
I have the sagging wall issue with a 2013 181G.  In the process of repairing, I noticed a gap in the lower trim, and found I had water infiltration in the wall by the slide out. 
I also noticed the fiberglass buckled at the lower edge. Since I had the lower piece of trim removed, and had access to inside the wall, I found that the wall frame, which sits on top of the floor platform, had shifted laterally outward 1/4".  The wall is connected to the outer floor frame, by screws driven from below. In removing these screws, I found the ones by the shifted wall are broken off at the point where they meet.   I have no pressed the wall back in to alignment and fixed the delamination in the outer wall. The wall is no flat, the buckle at the bottom removed. 
I would say that one side of my trailer was held together by gravity and caulking. 

offgrid View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 4:47pm
Better than string and chewing gum I guess....
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12