This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Introduce Yourself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Chartomkosky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduce Yourself
    Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 10:37am
Hi my name is Charlie and I'm new to this forum. We are looking at a 193 tv is a 17 Ram 5.7 2wd. We would be moving up from a pop up. So I would need everything , wondering if a Tekonsha Primus IQ would be a good choice. Also Anderson hitch was recommended by a buddy of mine. Any input would be appreciated . Thank you
Markuendo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Markuendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by jato

Welcome Ray to your 24/7 live owners manual.  We have benefited numerous times over the years by asking questions and reading various replies to others questions.  Best wishes to both of you as you navigate through the process of matching a nice TT with your towing vehicle.

This is a true statement :)

Welcome Ray, New 192 owner myself, can't wait to get out there.
'22 First RP 192
'19 RAM 1500 to pull it with
Markuendo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Markuendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Chartomkosky

Hi my name is Charlie and I'm new to this forum. We are looking at a 193 tv is a 17 Ram 5.7 2wd. We would be moving up from a pop up. So I would need everything , wondering if a Tekonsha Primus IQ would be a good choice. Also Anderson hitch was recommended by a buddy of mine. Any input would be appreciated . Thank you

Hi Charlie, welcome.  I'll bet the Tekonsha would work for you with the right adapter harness.  We considered moving our Prodigy P2 from our Traverse to our RAM but decided to get the OEM installed instead. Integrates into the dash as well as gives you a few dash options we liked.  Something to consider.  Probably 500 or so installed, so more expensive.

Far as a WDH is concerned, highly recommended and there are quite a few out there to choose from.  Someone with Anderson exp will probably chime in.  Don't have that brand myself.
'22 First RP 192
Markuendo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Markuendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by MrBlast

Hi.  I am Clif from Arkansas.  My 2020 Bullet was stolen in Jan.  With the insurance money I upgraded to a R-Pod 193.  I pick it up Monday.  I love the design and hope it will last me 10-15 years.  

Welcome Cliff, enjoy your 193!  Like those layouts myself.
'22 First RP 192
Carolmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Carolmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 8:25pm
Hi I am Carol marie.we just bought a
new rpod 192. What apps are recommended for trips for navigation and good campgrounds please?
Carol black
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 8:32pm
Hard to beat a Garmin unit for navigation. It doesn't need cellular data or even a cellular signal to work. Some areas are very much lacking in cell service, so you don't want to be out somewhere and your maps can't update because you don't have a signal.

Campgrounds? There are lots of apps, but my go-to app is RV Parky. It helps find not just campgrounds, but also places to boondock.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 9:07pm
Hi Ray! Welcome. It's a lively bunch here Smile. Have you settled on a travel trailer or are you still gathering thoughts and opinions?
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 9:09pm
There are several out there, some free and some subscription. We use Road Trippers and Allstays. Of course Google Maps is pretty good as well.
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
jeepers29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeepers29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 9:22am
Good morning, My name is Joel and my wife, Jennifer, will be picking up a 2022 R Pod 180, in a week or so.  We just bought a Casita and found that it is just a bit small for us and we really liked our friends 180.  Did some searching and found a new one in Ohio.  A bit of a drive from central Texas but not a biggie.  I have been camping my entire life and look forward to the new rig.  
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 9:48am
Good morning and congratulations on your purchase. Do you still have your Casita? I've been looking for one, my wife and I are going the other (smaller) direction.⁷
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>