R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMods for Camplite 21RBS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mods for Camplite 21RBS
    Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 7:19pm
Those look like some solid tips. Garnet should put them up on a FAQ or something.

Because of my custom implementation I can compensate for 1 & 3. I'm planning on calibrating the calculation that converts the pad readings to the final "percentage" so that it's accurate for my particular installation.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 8:18pm
Definitely looking forward to the homebrew status board!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
bhamster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 10:12am
The display is coming tomorrow and that's the last piece of the puzzle. I'll post some teasers once I get it up and running.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 10:52am
Definitely my kind of mod.  Back in the mid-80's when I was in middle school I hooked up my Atari 130XE computer's joystick ports to a breadboard which had reed relays.  The relays then drove a X10 controller (wireless home light control system).  If I remember right the X10's processor read the buttons in a grid so the 8 digital outputs from the computer let me select one of eight X10 channels plus any of the 6 function buttons (on, off, all on, etc).  I wrote a program that let me control the lights like a timer via a script I wrote as an array to disk (channel 5 on at 5 pm, channel 3 off at 8 pm...), including extra logic that handled problems like a power outage.  My family went on a 5 week vacation leaving the house lights in the hands of the computer.  Came home with the wrong lights on and the computer locked up.  Didn't know what was wrong at the time but knowing what I know now, I'm guessing it was a memory leak issue.  Confused
bhamster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 1:42pm
Sounds like fun. I loved electronics as a kid, but it was still relatively expensive and inaccessible at the time. When the arduino came out (look it up if you're not familiar) I fell back in love with electronics and have been making all kinds of fun stuff ever since. These days you can get started with a laptop and $30 worth of parts. It's truly amazing that pretty much anyone with the knack and some spare time can create their own embedded systems. Here's the last big project that I finished:

http://www.tinkeringtechie.com/projects/woodworking/touch-sensitive-nightstand

I had plans to do the rv monitor mod to our old pod, but it just never made it to the top of my list. Since the camplite doesn't have any monitor at all it raises the priority quite a bit.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 2:00pm
Oh yes, the arduinos are really cool.  Between kids and chores around the house I don't get to tinker much anymore but I'm sure I'll get back to it in a few more years.  I've wanted to make a complete home-control/monitoring system from either an arduino or a micro PC for a long time.

Unfortunately a lot of the content on your site is blocked here at work so I'll check it out at home, looks interesting.
bhamster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 2:58pm
I can relate. Our second child was born while I was working on that nightstand, and it ended up taking over a year to finish. It was a wedding gift for my brother/sister-inlaw so they understood. I've got a long list of "hobby" projects that have been waiting quite a while. If only the days were longer...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12