R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR-Pod 179 awning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Pod 179 awning
    Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 10:23pm
My solution was to make my own. It isn't as deep as the ones above as I was trying to make it with one piece of fabric. It also had to be workable with the support system I made for it. Pictures are in my mods. This is the specific link to a description and pictures.

My goal was to have an awning that would keep us dry going in and out if it were to rain. I would not be able to fit a table under it, but if I were inclined, I could carry a separate pop-up for that purpose.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Taospod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 4:57pm
Hi Deb and Kathy,
Came across your post while looking for an awning for our 179.  Talked to Bear Creek Canvas and ready to order, but was a bit concerned that I have not found many references in the Forum regarding this product.  A year and a half later, are you still happy with your choice?  Has it held up?  Do you keep it in its case on the side of the trailer while traveling?  Have you found you need access to a ladder while threading it through the keder rail?
Sorry to bother with all these questions, but wanted to make a good choice.  Tom (TaosPod).Big smile
MoPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 9:38am
I have an sack awning for sale for a 179 in the flea market section.  Check it out.
Bill & Nancy
2015 RPod 179
Previously 2010 RPod 176
2014 Explorer Sport
D. K. CAMPERS View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 8:04pm
Hi Tom,
We really like our awning and it is very, very well made and sturdy. Typically we do not travel with the awning attached to the R-Pod although we could. Here are some points about the awning:
- We need a ladder to start the awning in the keder rail. (we are only 5"6" at the tallest)
- Helps to have two people, one to thread it and one to pull.
- We cut a short 2" Piece of clear plastic tubing to stuff into the rail at either end of the awning. This keeps it in place and stops it from slipping in the rail when windy etc.
- We use two guy lines on the ends and one for the middle pole.

While it is more work than having one permanently attached to the camper it functions really well. You can reference us to Bear Creek  Canvas in reference to the size we ordered.

Hope this was helpful. Kathy
Deb and Kathy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12