R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Done Any Mods?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 52>
Poll Question: Have you done any mods to your R-Pod?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
683 [81.41%]
10 [1.19%]
134 [15.97%]
10 [1.19%]
2 [0.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JandL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have You Done Any Mods?
    Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 11:41pm
I installed a “StowAway Hitch Tightener” I got at Amazon. It stops hitch wobble for trailer ball mounts, the receiver and hitch are locked together. It takes all the slack out of the receiver on the truck side so no more banging together. I have been using it for over a year and think it makes for a much nicer tow.
JandL
2013 Honda Ridgeline
2012 177
2 Paynes in a Pod
kindell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote kindell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 7:49am
Just bought 2015 179 in April.  So far we've added:

We put lined baskets inside cupboards that are tightly wedged in to hold dishes, food, toaster, coffee pot, etc. Built a shelf with a lip on inside of top pantry cupboard (otherwise it was wasted space).  Put baskets in all of the cupboards to support everything so they don't slide around.  Added 3M hooks to hang clock, keys, spice rack and paper towel holder in kitchenette and additional hooks on bathroom door and on either end of banquette and baskets under bed for towels and a "hamper" for dirty laundry.  A lot of the mods y'all mentioned have already been upgraded in the 2015's.  But I really like the idea of changing out the 1-step to a 2-step with a shorter drop when stepping out of the trailer - I have short legs Ouch.  Will keep you posted on any further additions or changes we make.
Art & Kindell
Cooper the Super Dog
2017 Keystone Bullet 265
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1/2 ton

Former 2015 RPod 179
kindell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote kindell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 7:54am
Oh we also added a tow hitch similar to that that JandL talked about plus a we had a brake kit installed.
Art & Kindell
Cooper the Super Dog
2017 Keystone Bullet 265
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1/2 ton

Former 2015 RPod 179
2McPods View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2McPods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 7:41am
We just replaced our 1 step with double steps from Etrailer by Flexco 24" and the difference is night and day...Awesome 

We also got a new mattress from amazon DreamFoam Bedding Ultimate Dreams Short 9-Inch Crazy Euro Top mattress, Queen. Very comfy and made to order. Make sure you put it where you want it it before opening. 
Everything Happens 4 A Reason

Pat & Viki McCartney
2015 171 {2McPods}
2014 F150
Pittsburgh, Pa
blondie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 8:46am
Good idea, I can hardly wait to show my husband!
muncie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote muncie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 6:04pm
Capricorn_62 - Love your 2 step addition.  Do you currently have risers on your pod?  We do not and would like to switch out our steps, but are concerned that they may be too close to the ground.  Yours looks good if you  do not have risers.  Thanks much.  Ermm
Greg & Loretta
& Winston the boxer
2012 R-Pod 177 "sweetie pod"
Tow Vehicle - 2007 GMC Envoy
GorgePod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GorgePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 10:34pm

Dealer installed generator mount, sewer line holder on drivers' side, and battery cutoff before it ever left the shop.....

This is going to be fun!!
Harry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 7:27am
Very nice.

Any more photos of the sewer line holder?  My factory-mounted one is a p.i.t.a., and I wind up throwing my line in the back of the truck.

Thank you!

HH
2013 R-pod 176T
TV: 2013 Honda Ridgeline
3.5 L 4WD
Harry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 7:33am
Hi Jandl:

I, too, tow with a Ridgeline.  I now run with an equalizer, and the hitch has been quiet ever since I started.  Do you use an equalizer?

H
2013 R-pod 176T
TV: 2013 Honda Ridgeline
3.5 L 4WD
2McPods View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2McPods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 8:42am
Originally posted by muncie

Capricorn_62 - Love your 2 step addition.  Do you currently have risers on your pod?  We do not and would like to switch out our steps, but are concerned that they may be too close to the ground.  Yours looks good if you  do not have risers.  Thanks much.  Ermm

Yes we do have the 4" risers and I would think the double steps would be to low to the ground Thumbs Down
Everything Happens 4 A Reason

Pat & Viki McCartney
2015 171 {2McPods}
2014 F150
Pittsburgh, Pa
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 52>