R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBack flushing water lines?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back flushing water lines?
    Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 8:20pm
We received the screen/strainer today and put it in. it has to go in upside down to fit. Turns out the dealer replaced the water pump 6 years ago, though the service dept. denied it at first,  and never put the strainer back in. When I talked to the service dept. he insisted that there wasn't supposed to be a strainer there unless we wanted to add one.  I talked to Kate at Forest River warranty office and she said there definitely was one there and to call her back after I talked to the dealer again. Since it has been 6 years, the dealer's service dept said they wouldn't pay to put one in.  It was easy enough to do ourselves, as it turned out, but we will be doing a bad review for Pan Pacific in French Camp, CA!!! 
Carol
177 HRE rpod
2014 Honda Pilot
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 8:38pm
Glad you got it worked out even if the dealer didn't pay for it.  The strainer won't solve all of your problems, but will take care of most of them.  Some things big enough to get past the strainer sometimes accumulate at the sink aerator.  You just unscrew it, back flush, and maybe clean with an old toothbrush.

TT 
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
cgarb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:59pm
Yes, I cleared a lot of grit out of the kitchen faucet, caught in the aerator, and a lot in the bathroom cold water faucet, reached through the panel in the wall by the bed, as advised here, then blew air down the pipe behind the toilet to clear that one out. Now with the strainer in place and knowing that we should keep water in the tank to cut down on calcification, hopefully the problem will be taken care of and we can advise whoever buys it how to fix it should the problem come up again. It sounds like others have had the same experience. Easy to fix with all the help and advice from you guys! Saved us $300-$400 at the RV repair shop!
Carol
177 HRE rpod
2014 Honda Pilot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123