R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Help! Water leak

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Water leak
    Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 7:41am
I sanitize the tank when I de-winterize. I have no problems using water from the tank. I fill with fresh water and put in the appropriate amount of Camco Tastepure Drinking Water Freshener. It is essentially bleach, but made for drinking water, so it keeps the water in the tank safe to drink. Since it is made for that purpose, I am pretty sure it does not have any added ingredients that could be harmful. That is not necessarily the case with laundry bleach. We've been doing this since we bought the trailer in 2015 and have had no problems using the water for drinking, cooking, and washing/showering.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 8:23am
Where did you purchase the Camco product?  Local hardware store?  Sounds interesting as we never sanitized for the first 5 years of ownership (we do use for drinking as well but never got sick) but since then have used the bleach method and then gone through the process of white vinegar, baking soda, and lemon juice to rid the lines of the smell and taste of bleach.  Thanks as this method would be a lot simpler.  Does this product leave a noticeable after taste or smell in the lines?
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 8:33am
Also do you use the freshener every time you fill the fresh water tank throughout the season or just a couple of times during the year?
Jay

179/2019
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 9:03am
I found it at our local Walmart in the area with other RV accessories. I use it every time I fill up at the proportion specified and yes, it does have a bit of a chlorine taste which can be taken care of with a Brita or other filter if desired. I just want to make sure the water is safe to drink so I am willing to put up with it. I took US Army field sanitation training and we had to be able to make sure the water we drank was safe. I just apply that to the RPod fresh water tank.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mjlrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 10:25am
I use that taste pure as well. I've used it for a2 or 3 years. I also buy it from walmart. I don't drink the f/w tank water, but I don't want to use unsafe water. Occasionally we are not hooked up to city water, and use it to wash, or brush teeth. I want to be sure it's clean. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
richardd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote richardd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 1:25pm
I just replaced the Anode rod. I noticed the water tank drain is still leaking. I took the cap off yesterday. Maybe it takes awhile, but shouldn't that stop leaking?
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 4:25pm
Are you talking steady stream or occasional drip? The tank when filled will sag. As the weight of the water is removed, the tank bottom will flatten out. This is not immediate. As it flattens, it will allow water that was trapped in the sagging area to reach the drain. That could be it.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by richardd

I just replaced the Anode rod. I noticed the water tank drain is still leaking. I took the cap off yesterday. Maybe it takes awhile, but shouldn't that stop leaking?

If the leak/drip is at the 1 1/16" plug a wrap or two of teflon tape on the threads will eliminate that problem.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 8:48am
Originally posted by richardd

Okay. Perhaps I am misunderstanding you. Which tank drain is leaking? Is it the fresh water tank, the water heater tank, or something else?
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
richardd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote richardd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 11:03am
I apologize if I have been unclear. It continues to drop leak from the fresh water tank drain. The screw on cap is removed. It's coming from inside the tank. I drained it 2 days ago. The city water connection is getting water with a new regulator/guage. The fresh water tank remains slightly bowed at the bottom, not flat, though empty.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>