R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJensen Entertainment - 2014 178

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jensen Entertainment - 2014 178
    Posted: 26 May 2014 at 8:31pm
Cary
2014 RP-177
ANGCHIEF View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 9:24pm
GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS!!! I finally took the unit out and checked the back for the transportscrew.  There were a bunch of numbered/lettered wires not hooked to anything, but were sticking in the vents in the back of the DVD area.  Verified that transport screw had been removed.  We carefully moved all the wires to the side and out of the vents & carefully reinstalled the unit.  

Bingo!!!  DVD plays as advertised!  I think the ends of those wires were preventing the Disc from playing.  Or else we scared the unit because now it knows we can remove it's guts!!!

Thanks for all your help!  This forum is the greatest!!!

Jan and Dean
2014 178
Markus5 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 8:19pm
We have the same problem with our new 177. No dvd. Can't remove the base unit. It is attached with square drive screws. Boo. I don’t have anything like that here. I'll bring something later.
Markus5 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 8:23pm
And there aren't many tv channels here. Other folks get more. I have the booster on and it's red. The one channel and it's 3 subchannels are good. Should be more. Does the antenna on a 177 adjust in any way?
ANGCHIEF View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 8:28pm
Can't adjust the antennae like we can on our 5th wheel; did the Auto Search with the boost on and you get what you can get! That's one of the reasons we like to take DVD's of some interesting TV shows.  This trip is JAG and DOWNTON ABBY Season 1 (even though we've seen all the episodes).

Luckily my husband had a bit that worked to get the square screws out - pulled the dangling wires out of the vents in the back, put the unit back and the DVD played great.

Good luck!  Isn't it frustrating???!!!
Jan and Dean
2014 178
Markus5 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 8:43pm
I hope I have the same good luck.
wingnut2312 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 11:15pm
Look closer at the screws. They aren't square, they're stripped. We had the problem with ours. Forest River said the screws get stripped a lot.
2014 rpod 182G
Ford Expedition
Cap-n-Cray View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 11:26pm
Most of the screws used in my Rpod are square drive. I even found a square drive bit behind the frig. Sometimes you can use a small phillips screwdriver to remove the square drive screws.

With the speed them put the trailers together they do strip the screws too.
Cary
2014 RP-177
ANGCHIEF View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 8:01am
Ours were definitely a square screw.  Luckily hubby had a square drive bit or ours would have been stripped screws, also!
Jan and Dean
2014 178
Sleepless View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 8:31pm
Let me run this by one more time, just to b certain my thinking is correct.  My 2014 178 has but one cable, a yellow video, running between the single-cable wall jack to the television.  This cable is for the sole purpose of viewing a DVD video (picture) on the television.  Audio will be through the Jensen speakers (A or B), but not through the television.

To hear television audio through the Jensen speakers, I must install another wall jack and run audio (red and white) cables, using the new jack, between the Jensen radio's audio in jacks and the television's audio out jacks.

An alternative is to install an A/V (red, white and yellow) wall jack, replacing the existing yellow only jack.  The yellow (video) jack will connect the DVD player video out jack to the television's video in jack.  The red and white (audio) jacks will connect the television's audio out jacks to the radio's audio in jack.

Either setup will allow watching a DVD on the television using the Jensen speaker system(s).  They will also allow hearing the television's audio on the Jensen speaker system(s).

Have I overlooked anything?  I have read all the posts related to this problem, but a clear presentation of the resolution does not seem to exist.

Bob

2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>