R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReligious Quotes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Religious Quotes
    Posted: 20 May 2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by kymooses

Might I just suggest that all of us just let this post end here?  We all each and every one of us know this is not the goal or focus of this forum.
Let's save ourselves from arguing with one another over something that I know from each and every poster here than not one has intentionally set out to offend, be rude, or hurt anyone else here.
The Admin team here doesn't need to worry about having to reign in a post like this, or set up a rule to cover this. I myself see and can identify with either side of the discussion, but in the end can't we just let this one fade in the background and show unilateral respect both ways?
This is just me but if you love the forum here, appreciate the overwhelming helpful response of the members and Owners here just catch up on reading this thread and then click on past to something more interesting to post on.  There's new Owners here everyday looking for that same great welcome and offers to help as when any of us here joined, go help foster the sense of community and helpfulness Podders are known for!

Well said.

I've been sitting back reading this, as it has developed. None of this would represent the Forum's "finest hour". You folks are better than this.

This is an RPod Owners Forum. We discuss:
Rpods
Small Travel Trailers
Camping, in general
Misc. topics - other than Religious, Political, or Weapons. THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT.

This is just not the proper venue for these subjects. Let's get ourselves back on track and keep the forum the great place that it has come to be known.

I'll confer with the other admins regarding the "tag lines" in signatures. Personally, I have always viewed them in the same manner as I do bumper stickers on vehicles. They likely have more meaning to the person that stuck them on than to few that pay them any attention.

Let's be kind and respectful to all.
PodnBike View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 12:03am
This is a great forum, It has been fine for years with no controversy. Who is "Mad"67? 1 month member, 7 posts, 6 critical of the forum. Block this person and let's get back to normal.
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 6:14am
I have been a fairly long time member and do believe in a warm welcome to all joining and being cordially and friendly to all.
I have known the guideline regarding things to talk about and those key problem areas ( Religion, politics and sad to say weapons).
This has been a clear example of why we stay away from these areas.
Though PodnBike is (imho) right, my 2 cents says " once is an accident, twice is a mistake".  one more faux pas and out! 
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Leo B

I have been a fairly long time member and do believe in a warm welcome to all joining and being cordially and friendly to all.
I have known the guideline regarding things to talk about and those key problem areas ( Religion, politics and sad to say weapons).
This has been a clear example of why we stay away from these areas.
Though PodnBike is (imho) right, my 2 cents says " once is an accident, twice is a mistake".  one more faux pas and out! 

Also, well said.

My initial reaction, early on, was to delete the whole thread. However, it does serve to show why these subjects are discouraged on this forum. Some folks are very passionate in their beliefs on these matters. Given the diversity of the membership, friction is almost certain to erupt among the differing views.

This is not the purpose of RPod Owners Forum. There are no topics for religion, politics, weapons, sexual orientation, etc. It is specifically discouraged in the Misc. topics area. There are numerous venues for these discussions - outside of RPod Owners Forum. Everyone is "right" in believing what they do but, everyone is "wrong" in that this just ain't the right place to discuss these matters.

I'm not going to point a finger at anyone as, this subject was almost certain to come up at some point. If Christian "tag lines" are allowed/overlooked then, do we allow/overlook "tag lines" espousing positions that we might personally find contrary/offensive? This is something to ponder.

Let's celebrate our common bond of camping and the outdoors and keep the personal differences...personal. For example: The rest of us really don't need to know if anyone happens to be Republican or Democrat. It is germane to nothing in this forum.

Let us let this one die and get on with Pods and camping.     

lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 8:29am
henryv, thank you for your comment and of course your apology is accepted with affection and my encouragement for you to stand up for what you believe in.  

There is room in this board for everyone of all beliefs and persuasions to share a passion we have for taking out time for fun adventures in a little trailer that makes it possible for us to appreciate in special ways what our Creator has given us the privilege to experience.  As tinkerers and travelers we have much in common and much to share.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
henryv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 8:50am
Looks like we're all in agreement for a peace treaty. I hope that includes Mad67. Thanks for the responses from David, and Lostagain. Guess some people enjoy being lost Since the purpose of this website is to share enthusiasm for what, after much research, I believe to be one of the best campers around, and having been blessed to acquire one, I understand people wanting to share other blessings. I offer an open invitation to anyone, of any religious or political or otherwise persuasion, to contact me personally for a civil discussion. In the mean time, enjoy your R-pod!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:00am

Both of you - that's the spirit!

(All) Please feel free to use the private mail function of the forum. It is there for matters that might be better off discussed outside of the public forum.

It is gratifying to see that we are bringing a good closure to this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234