This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew 177, here we go !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 177, here we go !
    Posted: 02 May 2011 at 7:31pm
Snowbound, as you noticed I had to put the mirror on the INSIDE of the door because I had the shoe storage pockets AND the towel rack on the OUTSIDE, so they would have covered up the mirror.  And no, the door/towel bar setup does not impede walking through the Pod at all.  (FYI, the towel rack was from WalMart.)

During my walkthrough, I was told the only thing inside the bathroom that was not waterproof was the door itself.  So, I figured if the drawn shower curtain protected the door, then it would also protect the mirror, but we'll see won't we?

A Pod warming party --- howClown fun!

Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 12:14pm
Pod warming was fun. We sat eight inside; two on bed, two on folding bistro chairs at the table , four on bench. I could actually have cooked inside but not gotten into the fridge with that many inside.Clap
 I am thinking I will look at our Walmart (thanks) for that towel rack (sometimes they have different stock here in Canada). We will mount it on the inside though because I still think the mirror will do better on the outside and too much humidity to dry the towels in the shower stall will not be a problem here in Alberta. I think we will shower with the door open and just the curtain pulled most of the time.  We are keeping our shoes in that cargo net area under the fridge so I don't see us needing the extra shoe pockets.
  That organizer tacked to the outside of the shower beside the bed has become the 'desk'. It holds pens, notepads, and all the instructions that came with the pod for future reference. The little cupboard over the bed became the library as we did not feel a TV was important. We will have our laptop with us on long trips.
The oven liner on the wall idea fits well and the sticky stuff sticks to the liner (my worry) but it won't stcik to the wall! I will try the extra command strips there as they seem to stick everywhere else.
B
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:36pm
Great ideas!  FYI -- I'm not actually using the shoe pockets for shoes though (although I can if I need to).  I've got all kinds of kitchen supplies in it, plastic trash bags, extra toilet tissue, etc., etc.  I may use only the bottom pockets for shoes.  My under fridge storage is holding my set of nesting pots & pans and bowls with lids.

I wonder if you could use one of those plastic/acrylic cutting mats as a splatter guard.  You could attach it to the wall using the Scotch 3M adhesive strips, or maybe even the Velcro strips.  I may try that because I have a set of 3 already.  I bought the set from WalMart so I could use one of them as a cutting board (mat) on the top of my stovetop cover. 
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Farmers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 7:50pm
Just got a report on driveway conditions in Vt. Looking good! Hoping to get up there with the POD in a couple of weeks.

"The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark."
— John Muir
RP-177, towed by Dodge 2500 2wd
Farmers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:31am
Ready for the driveway in Vt. Got the risers on yesterdaySmile.
— John Muir
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:51am

How did the riser installation go for you?

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Farmers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 7:13am

RP 177 riser installation.

I used a floor jack similar to this one, but rated four tons.
Jacked up one side and placed wood blocks front and rear, did the same for the other side. Removed both wheels. Cut Ty-wraps on brake wires. Loosened all four bolts (two on each end) holding axel to frame. Placed jack under one end of the axel, removed the two bolts, lowered the axel with the jack just enough to insert the riser. Bolted the riser to the frame and axel, but left these bolts slightly loose. Placed jack under other end of axel, removed bolts, lowered the axel with the jack, inserted riser. Installed all four bolts for this end, but left them loose also until I brought the axel up tight to the frame with the jack, then tightened them. Back to the other end with the jack, jacked axel up to bring riser tight to frame and then tightened these bolts.
Ty-wraped brake wire back in place, jacked up camper enough to get one wheel on, ditto for other wheel. DoneSmile!
All the nuts have distorted threads, so it makes it difficult to remove and install them. Good workout for the armsWink! I found it helped to clamp a large pair of Visegrip pliers on the nuts while removing and replacing them. Did final torque with a box wrench and ratchet with a socket (bolts and nuts are 15/16"). I don't have a torque wrench that goes to 120 foot pounds as recommended, but feel confident they are adequately tight.
— John Muir
LunaPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:06pm
Congratulations, my sister and her husband just built a house in Ludlow, VT and we hope to visit, looks like a beautiful state.
Mike & Barb, R Pod 173 - TV 2011Silverado
Farmers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 10:59pm
Thanks LunaPod!
We drive through Ludlow when we go up to our place. Okemo ski resort is a great placeSmile!
Skied there many times.
Hope you make it East.....with the pod?
— John Muir
LunaPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 11:17pm
If it works out in Aug it will be in the LunaPod, what a beautiful piece of property
Mike & Barb, R Pod 173 - TV 2011Silverado
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345