R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVampires and multimeters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vampires and multimeters
    Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:50pm
SOLVED!!

I was looking around the pump to see how hard it would be to replace and saw a big kink in the inlet (?) (strainer side) hose. Frankly, I can't believe I got any water pressure through that thing BUT now my amp draw on demand = 2.4 (over an amp less then before!) and no demand but switch on = 0.31 (my baseline!)

After an hour in standby mode the pump is cool to the touch, operates normally AND the LPGD light is no longer influenced by the pump switch.

(Surprisingly, my water pressure didn't improve, but it seems about what I expect from an RV system. Adequate.)
Old: 2014 177 HRE
2015 Tacoma V6 4x4 Double Cab
New: 2016 EVO ATS 200rd
2016 F150 4x4 Sport
pgoelz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 3:23pm
Hmmmm.... while that could certainly affect the overall flow, I'm not sure I can see how it would cause the pump to actually stall when you close the faucet.  It might take a bit longer to build up pressure, but unless there was some weird way that increasing pressure moved the pump and kinked the line further, I'm not quite convinced.  Yet ;)  

Paul
GLBCamper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by pgoelz

Hmmmm.... while that could certainly affect the overall flow, I'm not sure I can see how it would cause the pump to actually stall when you close the faucet.  It might take a bit longer to build up pressure, but unless there was some weird way that increasing pressure moved the pump and kinked the line further, I'm not quite convinced.  Yet ;)  

Paul

I agree that I'm not seeing the mechanical correlation, but I've double checked my amp draw results and continue to get 2.4A on demand and no additional draw on standby. Sooo...?? Remember, the pump was making NO noise in standby mode before. It just sucked amps, overheated and tripped.
Old: 2014 177 HRE
2015 Tacoma V6 4x4 Double Cab
New: 2016 EVO ATS 200rd
2016 F150 4x4 Sport
pgoelz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by GLBCamper

I agree that I'm not seeing the mechanical correlation, but I've double checked my amp draw results and continue to get 2.4A on demand and no additional draw on standby. Sooo...?? Remember, the pump was making NO noise in standby mode before. It just sucked amps, overheated and tripped.
Yeah, and that is a problem because you have no visual or audible indication anything is wrong except possibly for noticing that the LPG LED is off.  

As I recall, the pump in my 171 takes maybe 1-2 seconds to trip the pressure switch after I close the tap.  If yours takes a lot longer, there might still be a problem.  The only way I can think of to make sure it is fixed would be to dial the pressure up somewhat and make sure the pump still shuts off.  Then dial it back down.  

Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456