R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Done Any Mods?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 52>
Poll Question: Have you done any mods to your R-Pod?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
683 [81.41%]
10 [1.19%]
134 [15.97%]
10 [1.19%]
2 [0.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Phil from Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have You Done Any Mods?
    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 10:57am

Originally posted by StephenH

Please post more details of your bumper in a Podmods topic. I would be interested in seeing how you made and installed this bumper.

My 2011 R-pod 179 is new to me.  I am the third owner so I don't know a lot about the mod.  It appears to be a manufactured piece made for an R-Pod. The two bumper platform supports and connecting beams slide right into the support beams  on the R-Pod and are bolted.  The prior owner has some black PVC pipes mounted to the platform to hold his sewer drainage hoses.  The vertical piece that I have a backup camera mounted to is essentially part of a bike carrying device.

StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 11:26am
Thank you. Are those lights on the bumper or just reflectors?
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Phil from Maine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phil from Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 12:35pm
fully functioning rear lights, and I believe, they also operate as brake lights.  I can put a full size tool box on the platform if I want. 
dnedzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dnedzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 12:51pm
I love the rear platform!  I need to build one for myself!  I have a 2016 R-Pod 179, so similar trailer.  Thanks for posting!
Derrick Nedzel
2016 R-Pod 179
michaelbarth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote michaelbarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 3:19pm
Today on my 2020 Model 172, I installed a Micro-Air Easy Start inside the roof A/C.  It's a Dometic Penguin II, and incredibly simple with a large void for taping the device in place.  More simple than nearly all of the YouTube videos I watched about this.  Maybe 20 minutes and I was going slow.

Now, I can run the A/C on my cheap Pulsar G2319N Inverter Generator, which was $350 on eBay with free ship.  The device itself was $300 but for my needs is worth it.
Landyacht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Landyacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 7:32am
I'm interested in how you removed the upper bunk in your 172. We are thinking of doing the same. Do you have any pics?
DonC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DonC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 9:54pm
In our 190 

Memory Foam Mattress
QuickVu Back-Up Camera
LevelMate Pro
RVLock Keyless Entry
Replaced door window with Slim Shade window
LED Motion Sensor lights
TV and mount added to bedroom area 
Went to Foam Shop and had seat cushions all replaced - comfortable for long periods and no sag
Replaced original dining table with Lagun table 
Oxygenics handheld shower
Over the bed shelf
Added Combination AC/USB outlets
Added matching to interior color, small shelves in entrance and kitchen 
Plug in air purifier

And more gadgets and doodads than one ever needs ie convection burner for outdoor cooking, Weber BBQ, Outland campfire all modified to use R-Pod Propane tank, portable electric cooler for adult bevvies, Bluetooth speakers, CapPlug for turning on exterior trailer lights. Portable quick set awning structure. 

2019 RPod 190, Husky Center Line Hitch, Honda Pilot
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 7:41am
Wow, long list. How do you like the Levelmate? 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dirt Sifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 10:50pm
On our 195, first thing I added was 1/4 round inside the pantry door frame on each side the height of the shelves top to bottom. This kept the shelves from sliding forward against the door, but gave room to adjust the shelves if we wanted to. Added clips to the front of the battery shelf to hold our WDH cheater bar more conveniently. The ever present bubble level gauges. Half a dozen small hooks on each side under the bed to hang three pair of shoes each. Paper towel holder under shelf over sink. Command strip hooks on wall left of sink to hold sink cover off counter top, but accessible. Command hook on the wall inside the door's hinge side about a foot above the floor to hold a wire brush (with zip tie ring in handle) for scraping off shoes, etc. before entering. Command hooks below ceiling above coat hooks for hats (gets them above shoulder height so I don't knock them off the coat hooks.) To be continued.... :-)

Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
Landyacht View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Landyacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 1:53pm
We have a 2009 R172.
One if our mods is an outside table over the tire mudguard. We mounted two tire chocks (perfect shape) under a rectangular table and secure it with bungy cords. The table is made of oak plywood and trimmed on all sides with mahogony.
I have pictures but don't know how to post them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 52>