R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Done Any Mods?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 52>
Poll Question: Have you done any mods to your R-Pod?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
683 [81.41%]
10 [1.19%]
134 [15.97%]
10 [1.19%]
2 [0.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 3ofUs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have You Done Any Mods?
    Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 7:14am
Definitely will share sewer hose mod with hubby. Elnjoyed seeing all the mods. Right now Jim has it on the tongue behind battery but under the tongue. Our spare is mounted on the tongue on one side. Where did you find those corner shelves? I spent last week looking at that space wondering what I could do. I guess someone is sleeping in the top bunk. I would love to start using it and keep my dinette up. Just not sure I could manage it. How do you get up there? Our camper is currently back with dealer as of Monday due to trim on dinette was coming off. Can't help but think putting it up and down may have caused that problem. And what's with the screens on windows in bunk area? They were just standing in the track and we have never opened those windows. Taking it back to dealer, told hubby, let dealer install them. It's like one has to flex to install and I was not going there, if you know what I mean. The other problem was Jim went to rinse walls in black tank and clean water started weeping in on kitchen floor along the shower stall wall. Any thoughts? I had him turn it off so not even a cup of water came inside. None in tub or around toilet.
JayPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JayPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 10:09am
That leak sounds like it is from the black tank flush check valve under the sink in the bathroom. Mine was installed wrong at the factory, as well. JayPod
2014 177
2014 Audi Q5 TDi
2013 Ford Escape EcoBoost
3ofUs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3ofUs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 2:02pm
Thanks, I'm calling dealer in a minute to advise what you said if they have not come up with a solution. My husband was afraid they were going to have to dismantle the shower stall. Honestly, the last three campers we have owned have always had some type of water issue.
3ofUs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3ofUs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 2:09pm
Another thought, just don't understand why there would be water problems. Does it not occur to QA Inspectors that a system check would reveal a problem. Maybe that position doesn't exist any more. LOL
Harry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 10:59pm
For my 2013 176T...
1. Modified an RV fan/light unit and suspended it from the tent framework over the master bed.  This was hooked into the 12V heater circuit, and uses a 2-way electrical disconnect.
2.  Put 1/2" rigid high-density foam under the master bed and kitchenette cushions to improve insulation under the mattress and cushions.
3.  Gradually changing the interior incandescent bulbs with LED's.
4.  Installed two large drawers (each about 16" wide, 12" deep, and 23" to the back) under the right hand end of the lower bunk.  The framework that I added for the drawers serves also to better support the lower bunk..  This eliminates the need to disturb the lower bunk if something is needed from the storage area.  
wildfire305 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote wildfire305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 8:14pm
This month:
1. Added Anderson connectors to make a sweet battery Disconnect instead of a switch.
2. Failed to find a place I was comfortable putting my Progressive Industries electrical management system, so I bought an external unit. (not really a mod just a plug for y'all to see it's for sale in the flea market section)
3. Fixed all the quality control issues from the factory on the brand new 179. (some Plumbing, tank support, and panel fitment issues)
4. Planning a collapsible bunk bed over the dinette.
2005 Dodge Durango 4.7 V8
OLD Tow Vehicle 2004 Honda Odyssey
2015 RP179 "73b"
OLD 2005 Viking Saga 2480ST popup
P.T.Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote P.T.Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 9:06am
Peter and I are leaving next week for a westward trip from Maine to Montana .. We had been discussing ideas for mods during the long winter and he has just completed them.  I am only listing the carpentry type mods.  He put a bookcase across the wall above the dining table, added a drawer over the stove (attached to the cupboard above), added a few shelves in the cupboards, put in a new access door under the bench just as you enter the camper, put a shelf over the head of the bed for books and attaching a light.  The biggest improvement was to add a 4" compartment under the bed for clothing.  There are lifts that help open it and there are removable boards to allow access to the electrical stuff and one to allow reaching down into the basement area below.Many of the mods required adjustments ..to add the under the bed space we needed to remove the blinds and and the valances and put up fabric curtains on a shock cord.  Did not like the noisy blinds anyway.
I will post pictures if I can figure it out.
Terrie and Peter
Oona the Aussie
2013 171
2011 Ford F150
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 9:24am
Sounds like a great trip!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Grayotter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grayotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 7:52pm
I have a new 179. The entry door could slam into the right fender tail light. So I attached two 2" long strips of stickem weather striping on the door where the taillight would be connecting with the door. This should create a cushion. I'm looking for better ideas...
Gar
Love2 1der
cmrb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote cmrb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 1:55am
In prep for our cross country trip to VA from OR for my 60th high school reunion, we livedin our 177 R-Pod while hosting at Ft. Stevens State Park near Astoria, OR. Every system worked except the spray on the extendable faucet at the sink. The dealer replaced it. Just recently, prior to our trip, I got some swaying while driving on the Central Oregon Coast. I installed a sway bar which had some effect, but have been advised by a hitch shop to go with my EZE Lift bars and chains. I really don't want to because of the weight of the bars and having to release them each evening before camping with a very bad back. What do you think? The 2013 Toyota Venza is rated for 3500 lbs. but doesn't have a very long wheelbase. I also have a Ford F-150 but it is a real gas guzzler (8-10 MPG). Any advice about the EZE Lift use? Thanks!
cmrb
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 52>