R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Done Any Mods?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 52>
Poll Question: Have you done any mods to your R-Pod?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
683 [81.41%]
10 [1.19%]
134 [15.97%]
10 [1.19%]
2 [0.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Hodge-PODge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have You Done Any Mods?
    Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 8:47pm
Verrrrry nice!  Approve
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 9:04pm
I like the continuous flat surface.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Travelers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Travelers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 7:18pm
Installed 27" HDTV
Moved antenna amplifier
Installed 2nd deep cycle battery
    Still more to see!
    2011 Silverado
    RP 175 PODacious
    psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 8:13pm
    Installed Dish DVR satellite receiver
    Installed longer sewer hose storage tube 
    2011 R-177 "Sponge-Pod"
    2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
    Damour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Damour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 1:31am
    I will certainly do some :
    like the door of the cabinet that slap on the corner of the table and made scratchs on .
    I have to found something to stop that.
    Put the remote for TV on velcro in a wise place to find her anytime.
    add velcro on a edge of the shower curtain to stay in place correctly .
    Maybe remove the horizontal stores and replace by curtains .
    Add a curtain to hide the bed .
    and.. find a mirror extensible to put near my bed.
    It's the best place for me to dry my hair sit on the bed .. so I need a mirror .

It's juste little things for the moment 
    drjenk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote drjenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2011 at 2:44am
    Originally posted by creel

We recently picked up our RP-177HRE and we're very happy with it.
    Have not done any major mods, so far seems OK as it is. I did however install a 2000W pure sine wave 12VDC to 115VAC inverter.

All of this makes sense to me and is actually a great idea.  I have a question about the power rating of the inverter though, did you really mean 2000W?  That seems kind of large for the application. 

Also, all of the inverters I see have a manually operated on/off switch, not terminals to hook up to anything.  Did you remove the inverter power switch to wire it up to your rpod breaker panel?  Or are there types of inverters more meant for this type of installation?

Thanks
    David J.
    techntrek View Drop Down
    Admin Group - pHp
    Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2011 at 4:12pm
    2 kw is rather large for a 12 volt system, at that size 24 or 48 volts is better - but that is a problem when everything else is already 12 volts. Just make sure you use very large wires and use at least 2 batteries. If you use only one a large load will cause the battery's voltage to drop. Also plan on using a small inverter of maybe 100 watts for things like cell phone chargers. It will use far less energy internally powering those small loads (keep the big one off most of the time). Don't plan on using the big inverter to power the A/C, you would need a huge battery bank to run it for very long. Most of the *good* large inverters have terminals for direct wiring. Look up the Wind Sun forum for technical help and for good inverters on Wind Sun's sales site.
    Camper Bob View Drop Down
    podders Helping podders - pHp
    podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 10:52am
    I am considering installing a different microwave oven then the one that is offered by the factory.  I am wondering if anyone else has installed a different brand and model number.  I have checked on the web and I haven't been able to find any that will fit in the original space available from the factory.  Help!!
    Camper Bob and Camper Sue
    Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
    2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
    2016 Lance 1685
    2015 Nissan Pathfinder
    techntrek View Drop Down
    Admin Group - pHp
    Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 1:39pm
    How about going with a smaller model, like a dorm model, then strapping it down? Cheap, easy to install, and with it pushed to the back of the shelf the area in front could be used for storage during travel.
    dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 7:50pm
    Got my Oxygenics chrome shower head today, Santa brought me a nice folding camp saw for Christmas. I also got 3 new popping bugs for my flyrod. Bought a stream light light that fits on you head, that has a green, Hi intensity white, and low level white, runs about 10 hours on 3 AAA batteries, I think that will go in the pod in the spring. I have the factory lift kit I will put on this spring. Donna and I are like a couple of goofy teenagers, planning, looking for places to go on the weekends while we continue to work. Gosh will spring ever get here ? We are worse than a couple of 5 year olds waiting for Christmas.
    Dane and Donna Smith
    2011 RP-172
    2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
    lift kit
    prodigy wireless brake controller
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 52>