R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Done Any Mods?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 52>
Poll Question: Have you done any mods to your R-Pod?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
683 [81.41%]
10 [1.19%]
134 [15.97%]
10 [1.19%]
2 [0.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote poder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have You Done Any Mods?
    Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 4:45pm
over the microwave and sink .
poder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote poder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 4:57pm
every bit of storage you can find  in here is helpful. Clap
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Footslogger03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:07pm
In addition to the list of mods already posted, I added a 110V AC outlet and a 12V outlet in the seat bottom (door side) by the dinnette. Wanted easy access to power from that side of the table without having to string cords accross the floor from the factory outlet in the other seat bottom.

'Slogger
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
greynomad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote greynomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 5:51am
I know this will be a bit heavy for you old guys out there.......
2013 177: Installed a paper towel holder on the slide out.
                  Bought and installed a clothes rod in the bathroom.....I never use the bloody thing unless           company is onboard.LOL
Raymondo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Raymondo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 12:16am
The first couple of times I took out my '11 RP171, I didn't use the sewerage system, only the grey water. When it cam to dump the tank, I was dismayed the flex hose was a whopping 5' long stretched out. No wonder it fit well in the tiny under-tongue hose storage tube. I went out and bought the RhinoFLEX 15' "World's Toughest" sewer hose with transparent elbow and locking rings and swivels. Great! Where do I stow it? I wasn't going to fit in the factory provided tub, it's 54" long. I modified a new storage tube from PVC in the rear just behind the grey water tank, drilled and used 2 #14 self-tapping hex screws into the bottom of the tube frame. Added end caps, and I went to put the hose home, and it wouldn't fit! 4" PVC is outside dimension, not inside. I had to go to 6" PVC and redo the exercise at a greater expense. ($60 for the 4", $94 for the 6" solution). Note the 6" PVC screw cap (clean-out) is $114 alone. I didn't but that one, just the friction fit caps and a drill hole & screw to keep it on. RhinoFLEX fits now, the white tube looks good hanging just under the frame ready for camping.
2011 RP-171 Hood River Edition
Towed by Dodge Dakota Sport
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 2:09pm
Ouch, I didn't realize that stuff was so expensive.  I kept putting off that exact mod, now I'm glad I did.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Podsible Dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 3:20pm
I bought one of those larger diameter white PVC holders from Camping World. It doesn't really fit the pipes either tho it is a tad larger than the stock black one. You have to turn the fittings somewhat sideways. My thoughts have run to using one of those 5" fence posts ( I have one n the garage that was missing its end and connector fittings- so Lowes replaced the whole thing!) and cobbling together some sort of an end cap/door. Saw one on one of the forums, but that gent had used the PVC end fittings and made them fit the square post.
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
Podsible Dream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Podsible Dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 3:32pm
Just finished removing that 15x 14x14inch box behind the shower under the bed in our 171. Cut it down to just about 4" high and 13x12". Makes it feel like there is more room under there. Every cubic foot counts!   Only caveat was that the CW pex pipe has to stick out about 3" to maximize the space. Had to reroute two wires a couple of inches. I then put a movable 5/4 pine brace across the space to support the bed plywood and my not inconsiderable backside. The brace acts as a support when the bed is raised. One of my first mods was to put a 48" piano hinge down the far edge of the bed plywood sheet (at the divider in the compartment) to ease raising and lowering the bed board.
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Footslogger03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 4:36pm
For what it's worth    ...I bought the 10' (I think it's 10' anyway) Camco sewer hose at Walmart. It came with a grey opaque connector that attaches to the dump valve on the Pod and a 90 degree adapter at the far end. I added a Camco threaded extender (about 4" in length) that attaches to the elbow. The extender gets rinsed and stored in a compartment under the Pod. The rest (hose and elbow) fits in the stock factory tube. Close fit, but it works. I'm just more careful on how far away from the ground pipe I am when I park the Pod. No problems so far and really glad I didn't have to replace the tube. Just wondering though    ...the factory tube has a name on it. Gotta believe they make them in different lenghts and Forest River just happened to chose this one - - just sayin'

'Slogger
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 5:20pm
Someone here called that company and ordered a larger size - I think even the diameter was larger.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 52>