R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Done Any Mods?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 52>
Poll Question: Have you done any mods to your R-Pod?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
683 [81.41%]
10 [1.19%]
134 [15.97%]
10 [1.19%]
2 [0.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Podsible Dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have You Done Any Mods?
    Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 6:10pm
One problem with my OEM tube was that the hinges on both ends broke, and I' ve been using twist ties to keep the lids on. .
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:46pm
Raymondo, look on the end of the factory short tube and you will see a www. address, I went to it, called them and they sent me a tube that fit my new rhino hose for around $27 bucks, I could not buy the pvc to make a custom one for that, 4 self tapping screws later I was in. I have a 172, the longer holder fit just in front of the black water drain opening, I built spacer to ofset the tube to make it closer to the black water size. It is a lot easier with the Rhino 15 ft hose. good luck.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Footslogger03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by dsmiths

Raymondo, look on the end of the factory short tube and you will see a www. address, I went to it, called them and they sent me a tube that fit my new rhino hose for around $27 bucks, I could not buy the pvc to make a custom one for that, 4 self tapping screws later I was in. I have a 172, the longer holder fit just in front of the black water drain opening, I built spacer to ofset the tube to make it closer to the black water size. It is a lot easier with the Rhino 15 ft hose. good luck.

=====================

That's not a bad price for a replacement. Do I understand that the one you got as a replacement is LONGER than the one Forest River puts on the Pods at the factory ? I have a 177 and the factory tube holds a 10 footer but no way could I jam a 15' hose in there. I wouldn't mind having a longer one but I'm not quite ready to buy the PVC and fittings to start from scratch. Do you have any pics of the tube set-up on your Pod ?

Thanks in advance,

'Slogger
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
Bill-GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill-GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:57pm
Bill & Bev
13 yr old dachshund 'Elsa'
2010 RP-176T (tent & slide-out)
2011 Toyota Tundra 2WD TV
dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:58pm
Yes Slogger, I could not believe the price I googled the www. address on the end of the factory tube and went to their web site, they had a 1-800 number, called them they were very helpful, they said we make a replacement tube that is built to go between the frame rails on r pods that holds the rhino 15 ft hose with accessories, I could not believe the price, I had it in about 2 days, no pix, I have not figured out how to reduce the size of photos that will allow this site to post, I am one of the old fogies (63 next month) that is a little sloppy on computer tricks, I think you do it through windows paint or something. I like the new tube as it is completly out of sight and takes a small amount of weight off of the tongue. happy poddin
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
lift kit

Post Options Post Options   Quote Footslogger03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 9:01pm
I hear ya    ...turned 63 last July. Thanks for the into. Our factory tube is still in good shape but there have been a few times when I could barely get the 10' hose to the ground hole. I may look into that 5 footer.

Thanks again,

'Slogger

Post Options Post Options   Quote Footslogger03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 9:07pm
I just went outside and measured our current tube (around 26-27"). I also noticed that you could move that mounting back about a foot and have enough room to mount the 60" in front of the first frame cross member. That would allow for a longer hose AND give you better access.

'Slogger

Post Options Post Options   Quote Footslogger03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 9:17pm
I just thought of another question    ....how long of a tube do you need to store a 15' hose ?

I currently have a 10' hose in the 25.5" factory tube. That means I should be able to get a 20 footer in a 50" tube - - or am I missing something. I noticed that this company sells a 48" tube and if my math is correct, that should be plenty long for a 15' hose. A 48" tube would also be a nicer fit up front under the battery area.

'Slogger
dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 9:21pm
I have not measured the 15 ft rhino hose collapsed, it fits well into the tube I have, if needed I can measure it for you, on my 172 it worked best to put it about 6 inches in front of the black water drain, the tube will fit between the frame rails on the pod, but its tight, you only have about 1/4 inch of error, I built ofset spacers to put the end I use closer to the side toward the black water drain, of course both ends of the tube have a latch and a door, but I wanted the side toward where I use it close as possible to the black water drain.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
lift kit
Paige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 10:00am
These last posts about sewer pipes have really been helpful.  We have yet to add an extra sewer tube,,,but we did buy some PVC and realized too late, that the 4" wouldn't work.  So I think we will go to that website that was listed above as you can't beat that price!  We will also be looking to order the Y from Rhino.
Our latest mod is for inside,,,a shelf over the dinette.  We had to modify the mod a couple of times as we realized with the curve of the RPod that the shelf had to be wider, and then wider again, so we could actually fit things onto the shelf.  It keeps the table clutter down by holding books, newspapers, pens, games, cards, tissues, etc.  Loving it!
Tried to post the photo, even after I resized it and it wouldn't upload,,,not sure why as I have posted a photo before this.
Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
New York & Florida residents
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 52>