Topic Closed24' Antenna on my R-Pod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 24' Antenna on my R-Pod
    Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 9:14pm

I've come close to getting my license a few times.  In the 80's I read the complete ARRL reference for several years running (it was a 3 or 4 inch thick book), which along with a background in electronics would have gotten me past the written test.  I even looked up a local test center.  I just never could bring myself to learn code.  When the morse requirement was dropped I almost went for it again - but life got in the way.  Maybe some day...

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
cane2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 3:21pm
Grab the ARRL book and on rainy days read up a little and before you know it your ready to test. Good luck, we would love to have you in the fraternity.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 4:55pm
Looks like we have a few hams!   I second Cane2...go for it...even 5 yr olds are getting their license.  I do understand about "life" however.  In my younger years, the flame burned hot, but then came the University, girls, marriage, career, etc. - I'm sure you know.  About 20 yrs ago, the time became "right" for me again.  Ham radio ain't what it used to be, but it is still OK, on the whole.  Like internet forums, you kind of have to take the bitter with the sweet.  I enjoy it while it is fun, but if it stops being fun...there's always that "ON/OFF" button (again, like internet forums). 

Hope to see you "out there"
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 11:23pm
KB3JND here (Peter) and KB3JNE son in this household.  So far both of us are Techs but I keep looking to upgrade to become an Extra Class.  I do have a FT-817 and a vertical that could be easily adapted to use in the R-pod. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12