R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedForest River Warranty Staff Excellent!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forest River Warranty Staff Excellent!!!!
    Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 9:09am
I had a wonderful experience working with the Forest River Warranty staff!!!!! Susan and Danielle, and the Service Techs, are fabulous people!!!!

I needed to take my 151 in to have the floor structure inspected, and had scheduled an appointment several months ago. I had to reschedule, due to personal reasons and bad weather, several times, and they were very gracious and accommodating!!!!

I was finally able to get the trailer in on May 19th, and not only did they inspect the structure (which I'm guaranteed has no issues), they installed axles risers for me, checked the hubs and arranged to have the bearings replaced and packed, and took care of six small repairs that were needed (with no charge).

I couldn't be happier with the service that I received, and the new friends that I've made!!! They even took a liking to my Terrier Scooby.

I had put my 151 up For Sale, however after receiving such wonderful service I'm having second thoughts about leaving the rPod family!
Scooby's Shack
2010 R-Pod 151
2005 Jeep Liberty Tow Vehicle
Co-Pilot - Scooby the Terrier
Subzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 1:16pm
Where is this FR repair location? 
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 2:00pm
Really good to hear a good report!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Subzilla

Where is this FR repair location? 

I am willing to bet he was at the factory in Goshen.. one of the things that chaps some of us old timers when new people talk crap about FR "this or that", is many of us either have direct experience like this, or just as you read here, know of an owner who has actually dealt with the factory. Those people LOVE the pod and podders. At the big Goshen rally, years ago, the plant manager noticed I had some cracking in a sidewall skin. They had me stop by on Sunday morning.. yes SUNDAY morning, on our way out of town to have their fiberglass guy repair it, because it needed to be done at the factory. Gratis. Furpod was way out of warranty.

Last year, I personally saw, and in fact helped, as they put a new axle under an '09 pod, that had a hub failure, and subsequent poor repair by Camping World, on the way to the International Rally from TX. Again, Gratis.
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 6:13pm
Great to hear stories like that.  That is the kind of service that made many American companies great many years ago.  That is the kind of service that will make American companies great again.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Scooby's Shack View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 6:25pm
Yes, I was at the factory in Goshen. I live 60 miles from there. While I have GREAT service techs at my dealership they wanted me to have the inspection done at the factory.

I agree whole heartedly with Furpod about Forest River! The staff is truly concerned about the owners and the quality of service they provide.

Susan, the Warranty Manager, is disappointed that only a few Pod owners have registered for the FROG rally in August. She would like to get to know many more of us. Furpod, Susan told me how she appreciates the help you give other owners!
Scooby's Shack
2010 R-Pod 151
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Scooby's Shack

Yes, I was at the factory in Goshen. I live 60 miles from there. While I have GREAT service techs at my dealership they wanted me to have the inspection done at the factory.

I agree whole heartedly with Furpod about Forest River! The staff is truly concerned about the owners and the quality of service they provide.

Susan, the Warranty Manager, is disappointed that only a few Pod owners have registered for the FROG rally in August. She would like to get to know many more of us. Furpod, Susan told me how she appreciates the help you give other owners!

She is a great lady.. I need to run up there soon and get her to buy me lunch again.. LOL Jimmy, Dale, Becca, all of them.. great peeps.

And yes, I heard only 3 Pods this year, that's a shame. I know a lot of the reason, but it isn't anything she can fix, (she knows too) We've had as many as 38 pods up there in the "village" for the rally. Last year we had pods from Cali, Oregon, Florida, DC, and pretty much everywhere in between.

Of course in our case, we cannot attend anymore.
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 8:00pm
Unfortunately, the FROG rally is not at a time when we can attend. We have a big trip in July and then once we get home, we leave again in a couple of weeks for an Alaska cruise with my brother and sisters and their families. However, I will be there in a couple of weeks when we go to pick up our R-Pod. It is on track to have the repairs completed next week. Thumbs Up
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 8:01pm
FurPod, I have read many of your posts since I joined the blog, and have enjoyed learning from you! Susan mentioned that you sold your Pod. I hope you'll continue to provide us with your Pod wisdom!
Scooby's Shack
2010 R-Pod 151

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 8:06pm
If you have time check out the South Side Diner in Goshen for lunch. It was recommended by Danielle in FR Warranty, and was featured on the TV show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.
Scooby's Shack
2010 R-Pod 151
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>