Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFantasy Shopping Anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sylviablue View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fantasy Shopping Anyone?
    Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 9:28am
Wink  Easy Peasy.  *I* wanted a T@B clam shell.  My husband wanted a TT with a bathroom so we went POD.  Also were looking at the new retro Shasta.  Couldn't find one for a fair price at the time.

four peas
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 8:40am
Here's something most everyone should have an opinion on, and something to talk about in the slow winter months:

If you were going to buy a new camper today, and the POD was not an option, what other one would you pull out your fantasy checkbook for and plunk down the dollars to buy?  Let's take motorized units off the table and be a tad bit frugal.  Lets say TT 20' or less or small 5th wheels.

Personally, when I bought my POD, my TV was a 2008 GMC Canyon with a 3200lbs. tow capacity.  I wanted a unit with a full bathroom and air conditioning, plus very little set up.  The POD seemed to fit the bill, so I bought the 2300lbs RP173.  It has been a great unit with no problems except, the front decals are starting to peel.  The TV however, wasn't quite up to the task, in some circumstances.

The day after Thanksgiving, I purchased a more robust TV - 2009 Silverado, 5.3V8, tow package, heavy suspension, yada, yada which I should have paid for in 2-3 months.  At that time, I can consider getting another camper with two things that I really like: A standard awning and a larger dry bath.

I have "cyber shopped" an 18' Surveyor (Pod in a box shape) and the Heartland Edge (the full body paint looks nice).

So, fantasy shoppers, what would YOU buy and why?

Hope to see you "out there"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345