R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > Mods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSpare Tire 2013 Hood River

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spare Tire 2013 Hood River
    Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 10:10am
I am changing the tire on my 177 Hood River with mag wheels. A bit disconcerting to note that the lugs pattern does not match the pattern on the spare wheel, a white steel wheel that looks to be a run of the mill five bolt 15" trailer wheel. It appears the lugs are a slightly small diameter that the holes in the wheel. I am surprised because the patterns on trailers in my experience are pretty standardized. Glad that this happened here at home rather than on the road since you would not be able to properly tighten the lug nuts resulting in out of balance and loosening in a short distance. Has any one else noted this problem?

The fix seems to be having to purchase a new mag wheel to match (pretty expensive) or finding a odd bolt pattern spare. The axle is a Lippert Components NV#249957
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 2:37pm
Not sure what you are referencing, MANY owners have had to mount their spare, including myself. Had no issue mounting it. The lug nuts that secured it to the carrier were a different size then those on the trailer hubs, but that wasn't an issue since you just reuse the lugs from the hub.
 Post Reply Post Reply