Topic ClosedGrandPod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: GrandPod
    Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 8:58pm

I started tent camping in the 1960. Had a Popup camper for several years and did a lot of camping in it until it was involved in a wreck; then back to tent camping. Camped one hunting season in a Hennessy Hammock ( Looks like the old Army Jungle Hammock but made of nylon.) Was really comfortable but the mosquitoes bite thru the nylon. 

I also enjoy long canoe trips. I have canoed the Okeefenokee Swamp with both my son and also my nephew. My son and I did a 5 day loop within the swamp; and my Nephew and I canoed from Stephen Foster State Park in the swamp and crossed over a weir into the Suwanee River for a 5 day trip down the river. Also have canoe camped on most rivers in south Fl. especally the Peace river. Another long trip was the Wilderness Waterway from Everglades City to Flamingo in the Everglades National Park. 99 miles and 10 days. Most of the camp sites are on wooden platforms in the water. Several dry sites but on low ground subject to high tide and rain water flooding. I know first hand about this problem; but thats another story;  Maybe save it for the tall tales at the Round Up.
 Today I picked up our R-Pod 177 in Seffner Fl. . The first big trip will be to the Eastern Round up in June.
 Hope to have my childen and grandchildren also use the Pod for some of their camping; We all live in the same town ; makes it nice.
Tom and Linda
R-Pod 177
Southwest Florida
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 1:55pm
Moving these stories to their own threads.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply