R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBest Time to Buy - Event Date: 31 Jul 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Best Time to Buy
    Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 6:05pm
Couch's prices are for all options except the bike rack and include propane fill and battery.  They deal in bulk and only make a couple of hundred.  Most dealers will not come close to those prices but you never know some will take $500-$1,000 over Couch in order to make a sale.  After all they can order as many as they want.  They may not deal on an RPOD on the lot if they are financing them, but it costs them nothing to put in an order and sell at cost if they wanted.  There is no requirement from Forest River on what price to sell it at only that they do not advertise low prices (some dealers ignore anyway)
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by 4Papa

Long View came in at $17K for a 180.  They do boast a Lifetime Warranty on major parts and the dealer is a member in something called "Priority RV Network".  A bit surprising is the premium they're asking for the 180 given the large stock on hand (and presumably, volume) that they do.  I'll visit Dufours and see what they come up with.

If I'm still looking through fall, I might wait until January to see what's what in the Boston show.

Be careful of longviews so called "lifetime warranty". You HAVE TO pay for a warranty check up every year, about 200 bucks, in order to be covered. That's the part they told me, who knows what they DIDN'T tell me. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
Richand Cindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 7:26pm
The lifetime warranty is actually from a company called Warranty Forever.  Most parts are covered (heater, AC radio, TV) but not the RV itself (only the door handles and hinges).  So the common things that happen to RPODS (delamination, leaks, decals coming off, etc ) are NOT covered.  You have to have the RPOD taken to the selling dealer every year for a $150-$200 check.  No check up No more warranty.  It is worth it if is thrown in for free but many dealers use the "free" warranty to charge a few thousand more for a car (yes they mostly sell to car dealers) or RV and when you say but your price is more than x dealer, they say but the "free" lifetime, everything included, no deductible warranty is worth thousands.  I have yet to see a dealer that offers both low prices and Warranty Forever, usually they are the high priced ones since they have to pay a fee to Warranty Forever for every RV/car sold (they cannot pick and choose so even if you do not want it they have to pay for it.  If they sell 100 RVs they must buy 100 policies even if 50 people never want it and don't fill out the paperwork. We did not think it was of value for us when we purchased our RPOD and preferred a lower price and skipped the free warranty dealer.
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12