Topic ClosedRocky Mountain High

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rocky Mountain High
    Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 5:32pm
I wonder where David went?  He last logged on here Feb 20th.  He was quite active for a while.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 6:05am
Great pictures of one of our favorite places to camp.  Can't wait to see our r-pod in the park.  We camped several times there in our van, and it was the start of our first camping vacation.  We stayed in town at a KOA, and decided we really did not want to camp on blacktop all the time.  Now that we can use hookups it sounds better, but still would rather be in the park and seeing elk outside the camper.  
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
pmjensen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 9:30am
I have a son-in-law in Ft Collins, so we have been in Este Park, etc many times when we were Podless.  We hope to get back there with Nuestro Pod in the future.  We also love the majesty and beauty of the area.

Happy Podding
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:26pm
Oh lucky you. Our daughter and son-in-law were in Ft. Collins for many years , both employed by HP.
Both Grandchildren were born there. really liked the living there, I miss it myself, I know they must. They moved on with the work, now in Austin, Texas. While Austin is weird and the Texans love it so and much to offer, I do miss the Rocky Mountain High. Going up to Red Feather at the Continental Divide was a favorite place for me. My husband took one look at the place and said it was me, flannel shirts and hiking boots, a dog in the back of the pickup truck ( I would NEVER have a dog in the back, would be in the cab of the truck) ,but the picture he drew was that I could LIVE that way and he could not. Dirt street, raised wooden side walk, post office in the general store. As I sit here composing this, I can still see in my mind the storm that was brewing up there, the smell of the drops of water hitting the dirt and the ozone in the air. We left with the storm following us down to Owl Canyon where the kids lived. Do I MISS the place or not? Only other place is here, in my log house, front yard the Park.
Such a long way to pull a Pod and with gas prices it makes it really hard to consider.
Again, lucky you.
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:27pm
Forget to ask. Where in South Texas are you?
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
BenLb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 4:41pm
Living in Colorado really is a pleasure with close access to many great camping spots. I've camped in Rocky Mountain National Park before I was a Pod owner and it was wonderful. Great pictures in this thread too.
2010 173-T
2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited
BIG BEAR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 7:02pm
great pics david. wow what a trip. i like you love the smokies. wife and i have tent camped there many times, and chased the trout all over dem hills ha ha. until my health got bad. cant wait to go back with our camper. thanks for sharing.
LIFE DOESNT WAIT. ENJOY IT. THE ALIEN CRAFT 2011 SURVEYOR SPORT TOYOTA FJ CRUISER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123