R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBrand new Dometic fridge is worthless

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Casey View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand new Dometic fridge is worthless
    Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:31pm
My wife and I just got back from our first trip with our brand new 180.  The fridge, was a joke to say the least.  The trailer was plugged into power for a week before the trip, and the fridge itself had been running on propane the entire time so,it should have been plenty cooled before we loaded it with food straight out of our house fridge, nothing warm got put in it.  I never even thought to check the temp before we left, but when we got to our destination a few hours away, we knew we were going to have a problem.  I checked the temp of the fins in the freezer compartment and they were 55 degrees, the fins in the main fridge compartment were 65 degrees and all the food was warm.   

Luckily I have an Edgestar 12 volt fridge in my truck that I was able to transfer the important food into.   We pulled our waters and drinks out of the truck fridge and stuck them in the trailer fridge, which should have helped it out, then left it cranked up the entire time and it never cooled down.  The door is shut tight, the burner is burning, the muffin fan in the back is running non stop, trailer is level, and it just won't get cold.  We had hot temperatures of around 100 to 105 the entire trip and the fridge would get about 10 degrees cooler at night when the air cooled down, but still nowhere even the acceptable level.   

Any ideas on what could be wrong, dead thermistor, poor ammonia charge, or did we simply get a dud??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112