Topic ClosedGames - Ladder Golf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Games - Ladder Golf
    Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 2:21pm

One of the games my kids love playing.  Can buy a set or build your own set.

Ladder Golf is played with 2 or more players or teams. Each player has 3 golf ball bolas. A bola is 2 golf balls attached by a nylon rope. The object of the game is to wrap your bolas around the steps of the ladder. The ladder consists of 3 steps, a top, middle and a bottom step.

Playing the Game:

Prior to game play a line must be set 5 paces from the ladder. This is the called the toss line. The official toss line is 15 feet away but most players measure 5 paces from the game ladder to set the toss line. This allows for a closer toss line for children’s games.

Ladder Golf is played in rounds, each round consists of all players tossing 3 bolas. A coin toss is used to decide which player or team will toss first.
The first player must toss all 3 bolas before the next player is able to toss his or her bolas.
bolas can be tossed in anyway the player chooses, as long as they are tossed individually and can be bounced off the ground.
The winner of the round earns the first toss in the next round.
Games are played to an exact point total of 21.
In order to win, a player must be the only one to score exactly 21 points after the completion of a round.

If a player goes over the exact point total, that players points for that round do not count.
For example: A player with 18 points needs 3 points to get the exact score of 21 in order to win. If that player has 5 points hanging on the ladder after all the players have tossed all strands, none of those points count and the player will enter the next round with 18 points again needing 3 points to win.

In the case of a tie, the players that tie will play as many overtime rounds as needed until one player ends a complete round 2 points ahead of the other player. The 2 point rule only applies in overtime rounds. During regular play any player can win as long as that player is the only one to score an exact total of 21 points at the end of that round no matter how many points the other players have.

TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 3:03pm
I made a set.  If you buy the set they want a fortune for it.  I did have to buy the balls though.  Kids do love that thing! 

WARNING:  If small kids want to play be sure to get a set of balls that are made of some kind of rubber stuff.  They WILL hit themselves in the head with a ball!

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 4:04pm
I picked up a Ladder Golf game at the Ace Hardware Store on sale for about $20.00 (have also seen them other places) They have like a wiffle ball attached to the string so they are not too hard.  You do not want to make them with golf balls! 

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2732079&kw=games&origkw=games&searchId=46534911344

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 4:32pm
What about us "large kids" who hit ourselves in the head?  LOL
Hope to see you "out there"
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 4:52pm
Maybe We need to carry helmets with us for this game?  Now it makes me worried about Horeshoes.  That would really hurt as you throw them. (Just think what the horse is thinking as they are flying through the air) LOLLOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 6:35pm
I have been told that I need "adult supervision".  LOL

Hope to see you "out there"
yizit View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 9:10pm
We played that game for hours.  Love it.  Ours is called "Blongo Ball".  It comes in many names and the rules can be different.  Fun game either way.  Great for young and OLD.  My 90 year old mother-in-law played the game.

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

Post Reply Post Reply