R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWF 8955 Converter - Event Date: 14 Apr 2017 - 07 Oct 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DavMar View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: WF 8955 Converter
    Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 7:02pm
Cary, sorry to hear about your problems. It does seem to me that too many fellow Pod owners have reported converter failures among other problems. Though I wonder if the converter FR installs in our Pods have the same, greater, or less failure rate then other manufacturers use in their trailers? I know many Pod owners who have had converter issues have replaced then with another manufacturers converters then FR uses. You can search out or ask what converter unit other Pod owners have installed.

I'd be interested in knowing if by chance when you plug into shore power if you use a Surge Guard to filter and protect?  

As for your other problems that you and new Pod owners have encountered. For the price range of our camper trailers it would be very interesting to see how the general problems you have and other have reported stack up to comparable units by other manufactures? 
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
Caryd View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 6:27pm
Rpod 180 new purchase in April 2017. Converter failed before first trip. Camping World replaced after two trips to their
shop. It worked for one trip and then during trip to Smokies it quit again and salvaged the trip using portable charger. Took back to CWorld and they kept for a week and said it was fixed. Took a 6000 mile trip to Wyoming in August and converter never charged the batteries. Used the portable charger to keep batteries up when in rv parks. Took to another
Forest River dealer three weeks ago and they are replacing the converter and some other issues. Forest River won't
allow another brand of converter to replace the WF8955. I won't even mentioned other problems that I fixed. I'll never pay cash for an rv again. If financed I would let them come get it. No more Forest River products for me and no more Camping World. I've owned all types of RVs since 1970 and never anything like this converter deal. Caryd9474@gmail.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234