R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow Timely is FR Reimbursement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Timely is FR Reimbursement
    Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 11:41am
Originally posted by techntrek

I agree that the policy was not mentioned in the forum rules thread.  It should have been added long ago and I have now done so.  We have had many reminders over the years to keep discussions about guns, politics and religion off of this forum, as they have come up.  They always escalate and end up with hurt feelings.  You can search for those words and you'll see it.

+1 We stand as one on the subject.

Many have very passionate feelings on religion, politics and firearms. I am one of those persons. However, this just isn't the right venue for those sort of discussions. Heated arguments and wounded feelings are almost guaranteed. That is not what RPod Owners is about. Let's focus on our common enjoyment of Pods and camping.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:54am
If anyone is interested, I did find a link to Forest River's Dealer Warranty Policy. I don't know if the May 17, 2017 changes are included. They can be viewed on the RV D@ily Report site. I think Forest River is attempting to improve its service, but so much relies on dealers. Note that in Forest River's warranty, items such as the converter are not covered by Forest River, but by the component manufacturer's warranty. That would also apply to the furnace, water heater, water pump, air conditioner, stove, etc.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:14am
Time to ignore this topic, it has lost it's intent and purpose.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:56am
Originally posted by StephenH

This is not a political statement? That and the preceding one taken together are turning a topic about FR reimbursement and turning it into a political comment about the current administration which has nothing to do with how FR conducts its business or the relationship between FR and the dealers who sell R-Pods. Please keep personal political opinions out of the forum so we can avoid the flame wars that can flare up all too quickly.
My statement was not "political", but was a form of advocating for consumer protection that should be independent of political party or politics per se.

Certainly no one would argue that the state of warranty repairs for automobiles was "good" decades ago. What I'm suggesting is that those of us that care should advocate for travel trailer manufacturers "catch up" to the automobile industry WRT warranty work. That is not a political statement.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:23am
I agree that the policy was not mentioned in the forum rules thread.  It should have been added long ago and I have now done so.  We have had many reminders over the years to keep discussions about guns, politics and religion off of this forum, as they have come up.  They always escalate and end up with hurt feelings.  You can search for those words and you'll see it.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 7:35am
Originally posted by 4Papa

Originally posted by furpod

Please don't bring that sh*t in here. This is one of the few places on the web that has stayed out of the politics.

Exactly what sh*t are you referring to?  Certainly nothing I read in the Forum rules.  The brief discussion had to do with legislation that would deal with an issue that appears to be a significant problem amongst buyers of new RV's.  Censoring discussion you don't like is making it political.

There is an off topic area for discussions and comments you feel the need to make, not in this area of the forum.

BTW.. "censorship" arguments don't work on private forums. It's a a private, not public venue, and we are here at the owners and moderators allowance.
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:29pm
Thank you StephenH and thank you Furpod !  
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by 4Papa

Whose tenure will hopefully be short-lived.

This is not a political statement? That and the preceding one taken together are turning a topic about FR reimbursement and turning it into a political comment about the current administration which has nothing to do with how FR conducts its business or the relationship between FR and the dealers who sell R-Pods. Please keep personal political opinions out of the forum so we can avoid the flame wars that can flare up all too quickly.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
4Papa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by furpod

Please don't bring that sh*t in here. This is one of the few places on the web that has stayed out of the politics.

Exactly what sh*t are you referring to?  Certainly nothing I read in the Forum rules.  The brief discussion had to do with legislation that would deal with an issue that appears to be a significant problem amongst buyers of new RV's.  Censoring discussion you don't like is making it political.
2017 180
2010 GMC 1500 Hybrid
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:57pm
+4, but is our reality.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>