Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPersonal update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Online
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Personal update
    Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 7:16pm
Thoughts and prayers.  Sorry to hear about the divorce.  For what little it's worth, mine was probably just about the most difficult time I ever went through but it was also almost definitely the best thing that ever happened in my life.

Best I can tell, everyone's divorce is different, but almost everyone gets through the process and ends up in a better place.

All the best.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:19pm
Doug, prayers sent your way.  Through personal experience I have benefited often from the prayers of others.  There is much power in prayer.  Back in 1990 I was given a 40% chance of survival from an aggressive form of testicular cancer.  The doctors told me to get my 'papers in order' as they saw little chance for survival.  However, through the grace of God and many of His servants praying, I was spared inevitable death for awhile, as I am still alive 27 years later, for which I thank Him for.  And He will see you through this as well.  Trials and difficulties we all have and we either grow bitter or better as a result.  I pray your result will be the 'better' path.  Thank you Doug for all you have done and given to this forum.  You have much yet to do, there are a lot of members here who will be pulling and praying for you, remember that and please, keep us updated.  Thanks
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Joe-n-Terri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:42pm
Thoughts and prayers to you, it's always darkest before the dawn, and there is always a dawn.
Joe & Terri
2015 179
2015 Ram 1500 crew cab/ eco diesel
2005 Ram 1500/ Tekonsha Controller
Lovestarved Pom/Demanding Chihuahua
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 6:39am

My thoughts and prayers. I wish I could tell you that divorce was easy but, I can't. It's going to hurt for while and there will likely be more down days than up. Over time, this will slowly begin to change. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and try to stay busy/focused on something else.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 7:16am
Thank you everyone for the kind words, prayers, and vibes.  The movie suggestion is now in my Netflix queue at #1.  Controlling the anger - yeah, that has been a losing battle at times.  I'm usually the happy guy that cracks jokes with everyone, but not so much lately.  I am improving, though.

On the positive side, my to-be-ex has been amicable and even helpful.  Such as the kitchen remodel that is still only half-done, she is going to contribute money to get it functional even though the house is going to be mine free-and-clear.  I will still be left with plywood floors and unfinished walls for a while, but hopefully I can make Thanksgiving dinner in the new oven and not the old one.  Because of my surgery I can't do much until Nov 9th so that will be a close call.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
fwunder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 4:53pm
Bummer Doug. Sounds like you've been walking a thorny trail lately. Also sounds like you're gonna make it out of the woods just fine.

Just a couple of ideas/suggestions based on personal experience...

Stay away from those buckets of Kentucky Fried and bags of Utz BBQ potato chips. Feels good for a little while, but that's about it. No long term reward. Utz Old Bay chips on the other hand...

Take your anger sessions out on the wood pile and nail gun. Doing productive things! That didn't sound quite right, did it. Oh, wait till your hernia op heals up good first. In the meantime, play Space Invaders or something.

Hang in there Mr. Admin sir! Glad your back in the hood!

fred

P.S. Consider Frying that turkey for Thanksgiving! It's fun and feels good!

2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
DavMar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 5:02pm
Doug don't know you but I do know the good work you do here for the RP community and for that I thank you.

Lot of us been down the path your traveling now, some with more bumps and others with less along the way. So my prayers are with you and I assure you as dark and painful as things maybe for you now it will get better. So hang in there do what you can for your kids and especially for yourself, because if you don't look after yourself you'll never be able to look after others, and I assure that you will see brighter days in your future.
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 6:28pm
Doug, best wishes for this most difficult time.  The stress of a family breakup is enormous and it takes time to heal, but you will.  As is apparent from your comments, you are looking beyond the initial anger and resentment to how you will manage your new life with relationships with your daughters and your ex.  That is the most important part of the healing process and your girls will be much stronger and committed to protecting their relationship with you for your efforts.  Keep it up.  You will find many new rewards and pleasant challenges in the years to come.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
ParPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 9:23am
Prayers and vibes inbound from us here as well during this very trying time for you.  I see amicable and helpful mentioned in addition to helping pay for part of ongoing reno's.  Mine - free and clear is another good sign as well as the kids being older.  You're miles ahead of many who start down this path and hopefully that makes your transition easier......still in all a very tough time.....so just best wishes to you!
Bob&Margaret
2017 179
2016 Toyota 4Runner
2 sets of Golf Clubs
Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 1:00pm
So many wise, heartfelt and eloquent responses already to which I will only add, I'm very sorry you have to go through this and wish you, all of you in your family, all best wishes for moving forward with grace, determination and humor. You are obviously a good guy and that is a big help. 
2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>