Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWolf Pup by Forest River

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wolf Pup by Forest River
    Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 12:17pm
I personally think the Alto Safari from Canada is "perfect."  It has a king sized bed.  wow.
It is also expensive (light weight tho) and if you're American you can't get one.  Unhappy
four peas
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 1:59pm
They won't sell to Americans, or its only sold in Canada?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
sylviablue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 2:40pm
I contacted Safari and was told they don't yet have a license to do business with the U.S. so if you are American you cannot buy one. I guess if you had legal residence in Canada you could.
Over my budget right now anyway but maybe some day.  They said they hope to have American dealers at some point not specified.  
four peas
yizit View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by David

yizit- The one I looked at sounds like the one you had....over 300lbs tongue weight.  I it was a 2007 model that had not sold and they were willing to sell it for right at 8K.  It's kind of a shame because I had bought more than once from that Dealer (local-Indy) and liked them.  My old 5th wheel was a Sportsman - made by KZ (purchased from them) and I was happy with it.

Did it look like this?

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 5:30am
Originally posted by yizit

Originally posted by David

yizit- The one I looked at sounds like the one you had....over 300lbs tongue weight.  I it was a 2007 model that had not sold and they were willing to sell it for right at 8K.  It's kind of a shame because I had bought more than once from that Dealer (local-Indy) and liked them.  My old 5th wheel was a Sportsman - made by KZ (purchased from them) and I was happy with it.

Did it look like this?

Sorry for the delay in my reply.  I don't often go back and check for posts that were "bumped", as I am usually here every day anyway and assume that I don't miss any.

Yes, that is it!  I still have the brochure on it.  The Dry Hitch Weight is listed as 362lbs.  Throw in propane, batteries and stuff in the front storage and I can see it easily approaching or exceeding 500lbs.  My TV at the time was a CMC Canyon (smaller truck) and I thought it was just too much tongue weight. (My new truck would easily handle it)
The UVW with options is listed at 2655lbs. - which is only about 300lbs. more that my RP173....not bad.
I really, really liked the traditional awning and it "felt" more roomy inside.  Had it not been for the limitations of my TV, it would probably be sitting in my driveway now.  It's a nice camper and a good value IMHO. 
yizit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 8:16pm
Thought so.  I really liked it for the additional room and standard queen size bed.  When we saw the Rpod it was exactly what we wanted.  We wanted bunks but didn't want the larger TT's to get them.  The hitch weight was an issue with the Coyote, even tho it was fine for our Pathfinder.  The coyote was our first ever TT and we didn't know what to look for.  The small black tank was an issue when not hooked up to sewer, and a bigger problem if you were boon docking somewhere.  That is what we liked about the R-pod...bigger holding tanks.  The table in the Coyote was VERY heavy when you wanted to switch from bed to table.  The best thing about the Coyote was the extra width, and the cute coyote decalLOL

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 11:43pm
I just noticed the Wolf Pup has a 76 inch interior compared to the rpod's 78 inch. Since John is 6'2" (75 inches) that extra room in the pod allows him to clear the A/C.
When we were shopping the interior height was one of the most important specs for us- not too many have the height of the r pod.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 11:27am
Yes clearing the Air Condition is VERY Important.  But the Bathroom in the RPOD is still not High enough as I scrape my head on the ceiling at 6'3".
David and Danette View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 6:41pm
   I checked out Forest Rivers web site on the Wolf Pup. Not that I want to one but was curious to know if had a rubber roof or not. I could not find any information on the construction of it.     David
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 7:13am
Originally posted by David and Danette

I checked out Forest Rivers web site on the Wolf Pup. Not that I want to one but was curious to know if had a rubber roof or not. I could not find any information on the construction of it.     David

It has an "EPDM" roof (whatever that is???) according to an ad by a Dealer on Ebay.  Also has wood framed walls.

They are interesting and seem to be priced about 2K less than the Pod.  

I am wondering if FR would sell me the "Pup" decal.....it looks like my dog.  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>