Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > podders Helping podders - pHp
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you think?
    Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 6:45am
I had an idea (if you knew me, this would cause immediate alarm) while responding to a post "elsewhere".  We have people from all over frequently going all over.  What happens if one of us encounters problems "on the road"?  Wouldn't it be nice to have a local contact who would help?

Call it "Podders Helping Podders", "Rescue Podders", whatever.  Let's say you are traveling thru my home State - Indiana.  You will be passing thru on this date.  You PM me, let me know when you are going to be in the area and I reply saying I would be available to help and give you my contact number.

If you have problems, you can call me and I will help you find local repair facilities, tow your Pod to a safe haven, while repairs are being done to your TV...whatever you need and I am willing to do to help.

Those who are willing to do this could have a special "symbol", avatar, or different colored lettering by their avatar...whatever.

As I travel alone, this would be really nice....but what do the rest of you think?
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 12:20pm
The Escapees RV Club has something like that and it comes in real handy.  I think I mentioned something about it on the other forum and it seemed nobody was interested.

Huron Sailor is here in Saint Augustine right now.  If they had never been here before and could use help I would be right there.  It's a good idea.

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 1:11pm
Terry - I didn't think there would be a huge response....everybody is busy.  It's an old idea and I believe the "Tin Can Tourist" may have come up with it.  If they had problems on the road, they would place a tin can on the hood of their vehicle to signal the other TCT that they were one of them and please stop and help, if possible.

Myself, I have On Star at the push of a button, and they'll help me with most anything.  I was thinking of others.  Personally, I don't know that I would assume a potential liablity of towing someone else's Pod, but I'd be happy to make a phone call or two or help someone get connected with the right people to help.

I guess great minds think alike - I didn't know you had posted something similar.  If I ever run into problems in Florida....I'll look you up!  Smile
sylviablue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 2:33pm
If I lived in the States you could count on me.  We will be traveling there tho in our pod.  Be nice to know there's someone out there who can at least direct you to help. We don't have on star.
four peas
yizit View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 6:03pm
You can count us in.  It is a good idea.  Another benefit would be for anyone going thru your area, who might be interested in "whats happening", "what to do", "where to stay"...etc while traveling thru the area, or to meet and greet.  We are 5 miles from the interstate with lots of things to do in this area.  Maybe we can have a thread just for "meet & greet" for anyone interested.

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 6:20pm
I think it's a great idea. I'm all for making the world a smaller place. I have always had AAA- in Colorado AAA plus covered RVs, but here in NY state it does not (I haven't figured out why yet).

We live on 10 acres in upstate NY right on the Delaware river and would welcome fellow RPodders traveling through (especially our Canadian neighbors) this spring/summer to boondock on our land for a night or two. We even have 2 canoes and a kayak. I'll post pictures when the snow is gone and the forest is green again!
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
yizit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 7:17pm
We have 4 acres of woods and would welcome fellow podders as well traveling through.

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:30pm
I like both ideas- emergency help and spots to stop on the way through.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
rpodadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:59pm
How about I work on that... I might be able to build a site that allows a community of podders to stay in touch, throw out a 911, etc and tie in their gps/phone coordinates/location services.. hmmm... this could be fun.
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by rpodadmin

How about I work on that... I might be able to build a site that allows a community of podders to stay in touch, throw out a 911, etc and tie in their gps/phone coordinates/location services.. hmmm... this could be fun.

Good God, he is in heaven!LOL  Sounds good but I have no idea how to do it.  So, have at it.

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>