Topic ClosedInsta-pot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insta-pot
    Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 3:52am
ive been wanting to try an Insta-Pot for awhile and outfitting my new Rpod gave me the incentive, purchased the smallest version. I will be by myself often or with my hubby.
Anybody have some good,low-carb one pot recipes? 
I’ve have a regular Faber pressure cooker as well as a big canning PC but haven’t really spent much time cooking meals in the Faber.
I chose the Insta-pot because it looks like it can also be used as a slow-cooker. Perfect for by myself at dog shows. I can plug it in when I arrive and enjoy a pot of hot goodness when I’m done for the day. 
I’m following South Beach so looking for SB friendly,RV friendly recipes if anybody would like to share. My pot should be here today or tomorrow.
I also bought a nesting stainless steel pot set. Now I just need a little skillet for eggs/crepes and will probably get a smaller version of my blue steel pan since they are so durable/inexpensive/nonstick and basically a cast iron without the weight. I don’t use non-stick much so steel is what I chose. I have a little steel crepe pan in the house I’ll take with me this weekend.

PilotPodder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:55pm
I just got a 3-quart model a few days ago for the RPod and am testing it out at home now. So far, we've made great steel-cut oats oatmeal and an awesome beef stew. We're really liking it, as it allows us to use more natural ingredients when cooking vs store bought. I'll try to remember to post a recipe or two here on in one of my YouTube videos. ~PP
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
Tracydr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 5:59am
Sounds good. I haven’t purchased one yet but I will probably pull the trigger and order it.

Post Reply Post Reply