R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKissimmee KOA Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kissimmee KOA Review
    Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 5:18pm
Just posted a YouTube video review of the Kissimmee Holiday KOA.

https://youtu.be/DqwsO76vdNc
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:27pm
Nice presentation John.  I have been to Kissimmee for the GCSAA national that is held at the Orange Convention Center in Orlando.  That is the closest I have ever been to Disney World.  Curious as to the price of camping there, I suspect it is quite high.  I once paid 46 bucks at a KOA in Colorado, but that was 5 years ago.  We normally boondock, don't like the sticker shock of the KOA, but you do get a lot of amenities there.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:48pm
Jato, The Kissimmee KOA was fairly steep at $70 + tax, but that is mainly due to location and season. Ft Wilderness is slightly more, but IMO pretty incredible. I'm putting together a review video on the Fort to be published soon. To me it's all about value exchange. 

This is really a discovery tour being our first winter escape. I admittedly forked over the bucks to test locations out. The State Parks here are actually very nice and a great value, in the $20-30 range per night, some even with full hookups. Lots of privacy. I put a couple video reviews up for those as well (link in my signature below). 

If I decided to do this again, I'd do Ft Wilderness over again and some of the State Parks. Both take significant planning ahead to get the space.

All the best, 

~PP

Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 6:09am
We when I first retired we made a trip to Disney World camping there for 10 days. It was expensive but we had a blast. They had a really nice pool area and hot tub. The location was really nice, we used the boat ride over to the parks.
We had so much fun we went back the next year for a couple weeks.
We also liked the St Augustine KOA and the Sugarloaf Key KOA. Really nice places to stay. We combined our travel with several night stays at Flying J truck stops. 

Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply