R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhich showerhead?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which showerhead?
    Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 8:55pm
Does anybody have a showerhead they're happy with? I heard oxygenics Niagara was good, but has mixed reviews. It claims to use less water, but more pressure. But I don't know if it's small enough for my 171. Any suggestions? I havn't even used the factory one yet.
Would also appreciate any thoughts on a faucet water aerator..
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 9:02pm
We replaced the stock shower head with this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9O6DUX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It works just fine.  It's easy to turn off and on, has a metal wrapped hose which is more flexible and durable.  The spray and the pressure are adequate.  And it wasn't very expensive. 
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 7:42am
We had the Oxy Body Spa in the Pod, loved it.. except for the head design, sort of took up a lot of the room where a 6 foot plus persons head goes.. some have addressed this by moving the mount to the outside wall, even with or just past the toilet..

In the new camper we put in the Oxy Fury.. It's at least as good as the Body Spa, without the head sticking into the shower area so far.. She likes it very much, which, as you know, is the goal. Wink
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 8:11am
We also went with the Oxygenics body Spa ETL 26781. However, I did not like the hose that came with it. I went to Home Depot (or it might have been Lowe's) and bought  a metal wrapped hose that was more flexible than the plastic hose. It works well. I did find that with the pressure reducer and filter on the city water line, it was a little weak. Using the pump to add pressure makes it work much better. I probably need to get a better pressure reducer than the inexpensive Camco one I have.

I did not move the mounting to the corner, but I do turn the head to be closer to the wall when I am not using it.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Richand Cindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 8:11am
Agree, the Oxygenics are the best.  They really do conserve water while increasing the force not decreasing it.  We even kept the stock shower head and will be putting it back on and taking the Oxy with us when we get a new RV.
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 8:17am
We don't have enough storage space as it is. We won't hang on to the old one. If we trade our R-Pod for something else, I will likely get another one unless something even better comes out. We use the Oxygenics Body Spa showerhead at home also, although the cut-off has a different design (twist instead of pushbutton).
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by StephenH

We also went with the Oxygenics body Spa ETL 26781. However, I did not like the hose that came with it. I went to Home Depot (or it might have been Lowe's) and bought  a metal wrapped hose that was more flexible than the plastic hose. It works well. I did find that with the pressure reducer and filter on the city water line, it was a little weak. Using the pump to add pressure makes it work much better. I probably need to get a better pressure reducer than the inexpensive Camco one I have.I did not move the mounting to the corner, but I do turn the head to be closer to the wall when I am not using it.

That's the exact setup we have. The shower head is nice, but the included hose not so much. A super flexible metal wrapped hose was the ticket. We bought our hose at Lowe's.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by furpod

We had the Oxy Body Spa in the Pod, loved it.. except for the head design, sort of took up a lot of the room where a 6 foot plus persons head goes.. some have addressed this by moving the mount to the outside wall, even with or just past the toilet..

In the new camper we put in the Oxy Fury.. It's at least as good as the Body Spa, without the head sticking into the shower area so far.. She likes it very much, which, as you know, is the goal. Wink

Like the fury! Being a tall guy it may be whatI get!

Looking at only the picture of it, Looks like the on/off is up by the head. I think I'm seeing the on/off low on the handle on the Spa.
And I have to ask: What the heck is this Smart Pause?

Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 4:02pm
"Smart Pause" does not completely shut the water off, but trickles it so that when you turn it back on, it is close to the same temperature. At least, that is the theory. In practice, one still needs to be careful when cutting it back on full as the temperature will change and one could get scalded or frozen.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 7:57pm
We don't use the cutoff on the shower head. We added a positive shutoff right at the fixture. It works perfectly. Never a scold or freeze. 3rd trailer we have put one in. It's just a small little $5 valve..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>