Topic ClosedChanging Campers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing Campers
    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:04am
    We are in the process of buying a different camper, we are planning on picking it up next week. We have been looking for some time now for a camper with more space. I have learned that square footage in just about everything comes with a price whether it is a house, vehicle or camper. We have decided on a used camper because that is all we could afford. Our Vibe was like a distant cousin to the r-pods but our next camper will be a different family of campers. What we finally decided on was a 2011 Dutchmen Aerolite 195QB, it is a little old but previous owner took excellent care of it. Furpod will like the previous owners choice of a new camper he traded it in on a Lance camper. We are buying it from Mike Jones Motors/RV in Ohio. Will keep the Vibe for a while to make sure everything works out OK with the Aerolite, and that kind of do want to part with the Vibe. My wife has been diagnosed with a serious illness and she is going to need more space to move around the Vibe has been a little small and difficult for her. We will continue to stay with the r-pod form like others who have changed campers.  David and Danette
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:09am
David our thoughts will be with you and your wife. Glad to hear you will be staying with the forum.
We have been looking also, really like the new No Boundaries model 19.5 put out by Forest River. Has a bigger frig, full bath and the bed facing the right way.

Take care! 
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 10:03am
D and D.. very sorry to hear about your wife. But.. am glad you want to try to keep things as "normal" as possible. I hope you can continue to enjoy RVing for many years to come.

Mike Jones seemed like a good guy, we went to his dealership, he had the best selection of Lances anywhere nearby at the time. It is where we saw the 2295 floor plan for the first time. Wanted to buy from him, but couldn't work a deal that made us both happy on an in stock unit.

Camp on!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 3:06pm

D&D - Wishing you and your wife well. I too am glad that you will be staying with us here on the forum. It will be nice to not be the only THOR owner in the group!   

My 2010 Coleman CT187QB is a THOR product, built in their Dutchmen division. It has been a wonderful camper. I hope you have similar luck with the Aerolite.

David and Danette View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 7:57am
  Scheduled to pick up Aerolite camper this Wednesday March 21st. but not sure about the weather. We are from south Florida recently moved about two years ago to Middle Tn. I Have no experience towing a camper in snow. The weather forecast for Wed is one to three inches of snow. Should I reschedule for following day on Thursday or would it be safe to pick up camper with the snow on Wednesday? The RV dealer is in Hamersville, Ohio was planning on leaving very early Wednesday morning, pick up camper by 12:00 PM and return home. 
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:39pm
Prayers for the both of you.  Glad to hear you are staying on this grand forum.  Keep us updated.  Thanks
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply