R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLabelling wall switches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Labelling wall switches
    Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 5:37pm
I know that people have done all kinds of mods to their Pods and much to be proud of. I have held off posting about the highly-skilled and very technical mod that I did to ours, because I didn't want to outshine anyone. But here goes, in case it helps someone and because I'm so happy with this mod that I can't wait any longer to share it. 

I labelled the wall switches for the porch light and the bathroom light. Take a moment to let the enormity of this sink in.

Seriously ... every time I went to switch on the porch light in particular, which is next to the SLIDE OUT CONTROL, I would hesitate. Coming from the world of tents and truck beds and tarps on the ground, I have never had a SLIDE OUT. I love it, don't get me wrong. But I consider moving it out and in to be a BIG DEAL that takes my full attention. And that unlabelled switch next to it might have something to do with the SLIDE OUT, with unknown consequences because it had no label. Not anymore though! Now that it's labelled, all it does is innocently turn on and off the porch light. And the bathroom light switch, being right next to the controller for the AC and heater, well who knows what THAT switch might have done with no label on it. So that problem is solved now too. 

Next up is to get started on my de-brownification project for the interior (not the cabinets, just the cushions, blinds and kitchen curtains). That one involves one or more sewing machines so I'm especially looking forward to it. 
2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
BennyL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:18pm
That mod was over my head. Can you translate some of the more technical terms into plain English so that I might understand them?
Benny, Julie, and Zipper
2017 r-pod 179
1999 F-150 5.4
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:54pm
 LOL, I installed 4 switches for all the lights 2 years ago and am just getting the hang of them. My wife apparently never will, I just told her to make labels.....
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 7:04pm
Thank "heavens" our Pod is a 172 and doesn't have such an incredibly confusing array of switches.  Our switch for the head is next to the door of head.  The only thing bad is that it is on the outside and if you enter with a copy of War and Peace, and realize you forgot to turn on the light, it can be a little awkward reaching out after settling in for a good read.  And the porch light switch is right next to the door with no other switches to confuse me.  I always want to use it as the under counter light switch over the stove, but I've learned through repetition that it's for outside.  And, thankfully, the AC switch, which we've only used once [not counting testing] is on the AC unit.  Right where my brain thinks it should be.  

What really gets me, though, are the 4 lights for the various tanks and batteries.  The print is too small to see without my bifocals and that requires leaning down to study them.  But it's hardly worth the bother because they lie all the time.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 10:42am
Fortunately, the switch for the slide-out in our 179 is significantly different (larger) than the light switches. The only switches not labeled are the "porch light" and the bathroom light, but they're on opposite sides of the bathroom door, so there's little chance of confusion.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 12:35pm
Just don't turn on the porch light in the middle of the night when you can't see the labels. Embarrassed
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
 Post Reply Post Reply