R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew RPod Owner - Dewinterizing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New RPod Owner - Dewinterizing
    Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 9:51am
Just bought a used RPOD 179 and moved it into my backyard where it will stay parked.  I will connect to city water and don't plan to ever use the drinking water tank or water pump.  The trailer was winterized by the dealer.  When I dewinterize can I ignore the water tank and water pump and just clean out the rest of the water system? Or should I include these in my dewinterizing?  Do I need to run bleach through these even though I will not use them?
Subzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 12:21pm
I would definitely run the water pump.  I just dewinterized mine this past weekend.  I used the pink AF to winterize.  Hooked up city water and purged out all the lines/faucets till the water was clear.  Put some water in the tank, turned on the water pump and turned on the faucet.....more pink stuff came out!  So I would definitely hit the pump just to make sure the pink AF doesn't mix with the good water.
And I would sanitize the pump and tank even though you don't plan you use them just to be safe....you never know what might happened on the road and it would be nice to have some fresh water on board.
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 5:09pm
+1 good advice!  
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 6:48pm
If your new Pod is really going to stay in your back yard, I don't think you need to sanitize the tank or water pump.  If it's ever going to move you can sanitze before you go.

We travel a good bit with our Pod but there are times we might go two or three months without a trip.  Except for the dead of winter, I try to keep our tank full so that if/when the power goes out I can take a hot shower.  We're way out in the country on well water, so no electricity = no water and we're at the end of the electric line so if the power goes off anywhere it goes off here.

If you will travel with your Pod occasionally, water in the fresh water tank is really nice for flushing the toilet if nothing else.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
 Post Reply Post Reply